Soundbar Universal Remote Settings

Friendly Fanatic

Soundbar Universal Remote Settings

I finally used the "Advanced Settings" to connect this remote to my Sony Bravia TV by exact model number.  It works - yay!  So I've been trialing using it without my Sony remote.

Couple of usability questions:

1 - Lights on the remote turn off too quickly necessitating giving it a shake so I can see which buttons is where. How can I set the dim timeout settting?  

2 - There's no Netflix/Google button.  How can we re-program, say, the Channel buttons, to give us quick access to services with associated actions?

That is all

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: Soundbar Universal Remote Settings

Hi Comfuzed,

Glad to hear you're able to control the Sony TV now.  We currently do have a ticket with our development team regarding the back light timer right now and as soon as we hear anything we'll be sure to update the Community.

The tough part about specific source/features from a particular remote is that it's hard to map over 100% to a universal remote because they were designed to control thousands of devices.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Be nice if we could somehow set the action to perform on the Red, Green, Yellow, Blue buttons.  I know they are used sometimes, (looking at you Amazon Prime), but the majority of the time they just sit their idle,  User choice !

Audible Advocate

Any update on the back light timer? Will this be a software update?

The timeout for my bravia and for my appletv remotes is way too short.

@Tony_A wrote:

Hi Comfuzed,

Glad to hear you're able to control the Sony TV now.  We currently do have a ticket with our development team regarding the back light timer right now and as soon as we hear anything we'll be sure to update the Community.

The tough part about specific source/features from a particular remote is that it's hard to map over 100% to a universal remote because they were designed to control thousands of devices.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Hi Underwb, 

Currently we do not have an update for this. Once we have this information, we will place a sticky thread confirming this.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support