Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 10, 2017

Soundbar and TV continually Reboot

Hi everyone!

Just set up our new Bose Soundbar and am having a problem. Everytime we tried to turn it off with the remote, the universal remote turns off both the TV (Sony 4k) and the Soundbar, but then it immediately restarts and everything turns back on again (TV and Soundbar). The Soundbar is placed on the same TV stand level as the TV, about 1 foot in front of it.  Finally just had to unplug the Soundbar to get everything off..

Anyone know why this is happening? Is it the placement of the Soundbar? Something else?

-Nate

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Soundbar and TV continually Reboot

Hi Nate, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Which soundbar do you have? If you're using HDMI, this could be an issue with CEC where we should try to adjust the CEC setting to 'Alternate On'. Adjusting this does vary based on the particular soundbar that you have. If you have a SoundTouch 300, here is how to make the adjustment:

1. In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC.
  2. To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  3. Press the X in the upper right to close the window

Thank you 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 10, 2017

Re: Soundbar and TV continually Reboot

Thanks! I will try this. I do have the latest Soundbar model (300 i believe)