Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julle
Registered since

May 13, 2015

Soundcloud compatibilty

Hello, 
I have a Lifestyle 535, Soundtouch20 and a SA-4.
I use multi-room function with spotify, but I use Soundcloud alot and would prefer to use it on soundtouch in multiple rooms.
Do you know when SoundCould will be available on SoundTouch?
Hope its soon 😃

13 REPLIES 13
Michael_Fitzpat
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 6, 2014

Re: Soundcloud compatibilty

Hello Julle,
Unfortunately we don't have any information to share regarding Soundcloud at this time.  We will be adding more music services in the near future though and hope to share more details soon.  
In the meantime you can use AirPlay from an Apple device to stream that content to the SA-4 and SoundTouch 20. In order to get AirPlay working on the Lifestyle system, you can look into purchasing an AppleTV to allow that functionality.
Thank you.
Julle
Registered since

May 13, 2015

Thank you for your answer, but using the apple devices that i have today do not help me to play in multiple rooms simultaneously.
I hope it will be as compatible as Sonos soon.
Please send update me when you will do an update on the app.
Thanks
Julle
Registered since

May 13, 2015

- send
Sanjay
Registered since

Jan 7, 2016

Hi there
I agree with Julle having soundcloud on your app is a must. @Michael, is anything planned? 
I think a SoundTouch user should be able to add any music streaming service. 
Cheers
Marty K.
Mentor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

This is a roundabout solution, to be sure, but I can play SoundCloud from within the app as follows:
1) Install Plex Media Server (www.plexapp.com) on your computer
2) Open the Plex Media Manager (on Windows you do this by right clicking the Plex icon in the system tray, not sure how on Mac)
3) Go to Channels, and from there install the SoundCloud plugin (if I recall correctly you'll find it under the available music channels)
4) You'll then need to configure the SoundCloud plugin with your SoundCloud account info (username, password)
5) At this point you'll want to verify you can play SoundCloud audio from within the Media Manager
6) Assuming that goes well, in the Bose app follow the procedure to add an NAS library - if all goes well when you do this you should see your Plex server available in the Bose app as a DLNA / NAS source and you'll want to add it as a source.
7). After you do this in the Bose app when you explore you can navigate to your plex server and within that the SoundCloud channel and select music to play
This is of course not ideal - it requires your computer to be turned on, you have to go through all of that setup above and I think it will only let you play songs that you've favorited or that are in your stream (i.e. from artists you've followed) and won't let you search soundcloud from within the app, but you can indeed play songs off of soundcloud this way from within the app and without having to use Bluetooth or anything like that.
Plex is a great program and useful for a lot more than just this, so some of the setup effort you'd put into this can be 'reused', so to speak.
alblanc
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2016

I just bought a SoundTouch 20 and i was about to buy an home cinema next week. This news is just scaring me. How can we skip soundcloud when you pretend that level of quality?

Please add SoundCloud support quickly, i am waiting few weeks to see an update, then i'll move to sonos if nothing has been done. I bought this speaker for soundcloud, i already want to bring it back...

Galler
Registered since

Mar 15, 2016

Please launch SoundCloud and TIDAL streaming service ASAP..! I NEED THIS!!! 🙂
condedeolivares
Registered since

Jul 17, 2016

Plese add Souncloud integration or the ability to stream to all systems through the AUX... beinb able to stream from Aux will allow us to be able to play Soundcloud if no integration is available yet
condedeolivares
Registered since

Jul 17, 2016

Marty K, thank you for your workaround! i can play from soundcloud now using Plex Media Server!