Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polys
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

Soundcloud support

I am torn between buying the Soundtouch 10 or the Sonos Play:1. 

The ST10 looks more flexible because of bluetooth + AUX as well as the 6 preset buttons. However, not having Soundcloud integration from the Soundtouch app is a big dealbreaker for me. The whole idea is that I could assign presets to my favourite stations without the need to use the app, therefore Bluetooth is not really an option. Plus I know that WiFi sound quality > Bluetooth sound quality.

Is there a plan to add it in the near future? It's a shame when you compare the available services from Sonos and with what Bose has to offer.

10 REPLIES 10
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Soundcloud support

Hi polys, 

The you for the post. Although we have plans to add additional music services, currently, we don't have a timetable for integrating SoundCloud within our app. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Thank you 

isnake
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2017

It's really too bad that you don't have any plan for that ...

Pololoco
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2017

Dear Bose Team,

sound quality of your speakers is flawless and always draws me back to your brand - awesome!!!

BUT "forgetting" to integrate soundcloud is not very smart (with all due respect) - soundcloud is the perfect match for the typical bose sound - all dj sets sound amazing  - but of course better with wifi than bluetooth!!!

Please communciate this with your internal decision makers....

Thanks a lot for your effort

RJSWinchester
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 25, 2017

I very much doubt there will be many or indeed any additional services added to the SoundTouch III series of speakers.  The only revealing thing from last Friday's "Live" event (that was nothing of the sort) was confirmation that Google P!ay Music functionality will not be added to the SoundTouch.  As is usually the case regarding functionality, Sonos supports SoundCloud.  If you do get a response from Bose it'll be the standard "you can listen to SoundCloud using Bluetooth or connect your device to your SoundTouch using a 3.5mm jack lead"...

BerlineDeluxe
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

I guess my reply is pointless and I'm just reviving an old thread, but I just can't believe there is no SoundCloud integration when it's been requested for the last years and that the main competitor offers it and the integration is seamless. If I had known prior to purchasing a Bose home theather + a few SoundTouch I would have gone with Sonos. Big fail IMO. 

nhbf00
Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

get your **bleep** together bose.  soundcloud is a basic service that must be accesible.  what kind of stupid product have you created

BerlineDeluxe
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Hey Moderator, any news yet or special timetable for compatibility before 2020 lol? Or should I consider selling my whole system to move to Sonos ? I don’t mind taking a hit I’m sick & tired of being stuck with Spotify I’d pay double for SoundCloud.
Pololoco
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2017

Exactly! compilations on Soundcloud are outstanding - what is so complicated to integrate Soundcloud into the Soundtouch system?
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi BerlineDeluxe,

Thanks for the post.  I've responded to another request of yours for SoundCloud.  I've already sent the request up to the software team.

Best Regards,

Brandon