Highlighted
Chereese
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2018

Soundlink Color II won't Charge

This speaker has been charging for 2 full days as of today and it was saying Battery Medium, now it says battery low. It blinks and beeps for about 10 minutes and the stops. How do I know it's charging?
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Soundlink Color II won't Charge

Hi Chereese,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about that. I would be happy to help with that. Could I ask a few questions?

• When you unplug the speaker does the battery read a full charge?
  • Can you verify that the speaker's software is up to date?

Please come back and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Chereese
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2018

Hello Tony and Happy Friday Eve!

The speaker advised for the first 2 days I was charging that it was at MEDIUM - received speaker on Monday

Yesterday and this morning it say saying it's at LOW

When I went online to download the update, the link kept taking me back to the home page of Bose

I have tried the hold down the multi-function button as well as the power button for 10 seconds instructions I found on line - the speaker blinks from red to yellow for about 5 - 7 minutes and emits a loud/annoying BEEPING sound and then goes silent

I have RESET the speaker

I have downloaded the Bose connect app - which advised me that the speaker is at 20% and whenever it's 'charging' the battery indicator blinks from red to green until the speaker stops beeping and then it goes at to telling me the speaker is at 20%.

I have registered the speaker

I am completely frustrated at this point - please assist at your earliest convenience because when it said BATTERY LOW this morning after I had it on the charge ALL NIGHT, I boxed it back up and was going to return it today, but left it on the bed when I left the house.

Your prompt assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Chereese
Community Manager

Hi Chereese

Thanks for the update!

When you went to the download site for the updater was it btu.bose.com?  It should prompt you to install the Bose updater and then have you connect the USB cable to computer to complete the update.

You mentioned that you have the Connect App installed on your mobile device.  Within the settings, can you actually provide what version of firmware the speaker is on?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Chereese
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2018

When I select your link, it goes to the Bose Home page and no amount of selecting the arrow for the update makes it work.

I unpacked the speaker and connected it to my computer to charge. The beeping stopped and it's only blinking yellow - EVEN WHEN I TURN THE SPEAKER OFF!!! Yay!!!

The Firmware version is 6.3
I'll give it an hour or so to see if it will FULLY CHARGE and keep you posted.

Thanks Tony
Community Manager

Hi Chereese

Thanks for the great update!

It may have been the power supply that you initially had the speaker connected to that might have caused an issue.  The power supply ratings for the speaker should not exceed 1 amp.  

Let us know if anything comes up!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Chereese
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2018

Hey Tony G and Happy Friday Eve!!!

I NOW understand why the speaker would not charge, but I'm DEFINITELY going to call BS on Bose for providing the USB cord ONLY, but offering the wall charger for an additional price!lol! Not mad at all, just could save A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE some time and frustration if you just let them know UP FRONT that without the wall charger FOR SALE through Bose (as NO ONE knows what a 1 amp electrical supply means....I sure didn't) you will need to charge your new FANCY SMANCY Bose using a laptop/desktop! 😏
Have an AWESOME Weekend Tony G and Stay Blessed!