Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

Re: [Soundtoch 300] sudden no sound over ARC

Mariani76 and Jarnoootje,

Performing factory resets would have reset your entire (original) setup and 'broken' the original WiFi connection you established.  You should be able to start over again as though you've just unboxed your devices for the first time.  However, if you have no lights illuminated on the ST 300 Sound Bar when it is powered on, then:

1. Follow the alternate connection method instructions to re-establish the WiFi connection.
  2. A solid white WiFi light should now be illuminated on the ST 300.
  3. Pair the AM 300 and/or V.I. 300 speakers if you have them.  Per the manual, pair the AM 300 first, then repeat the procedure to pair the V.I. 300s.
  4. Run ADAPTiQ to calibrate your devices to your listening space,

Now the ST system is ready to be connected to your TV again via HDMI-CEC/ARC.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2018

That's what i've done, no solution jet.

The tv and sound bar work together but no sound. When i put the tv off the ST300 turns off to, so they see eachother but don't give sound thrue.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

Ok so CEC seems to be working but not ARC.  I have one last step/suggestion:

Go to your TV Sound menu and confirm the audio output is set to ST 300.  On my Samsung TV the option I must choose is "HDMI-Receiver" (other choices are TV speakers, Optical, Bluetooth device).

audioout.jpg

Failing that, what lights are currently illuminated and/or blinking on your ST 300? (and what colours)

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

got it all working last night fine,  turned it all on this morning and once again it doesnt work. When i force the TV to use the soundbar (something it should do automatically) it says external source active then says "switching to TV speakers due to communication error with active speakers (soundbar).

Where is BOSE on this, seems like a massive problem and i now have a £600 box that does what my £170 ST10 does.

Not very happy and very disappointed in BOSE.

How about a response from BOSE and a fix..

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

I'm just trying to help in the mean time, until you get a reply from a moderator...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2018

Your help is more than welcome!

Resetting both devices to factory settings doesnt help. Seems like only Sony tv users have this problem
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

all help is good, and I have tried several solutions from the many posts on here about this issue.

The solution must come from BOSE who cleraly have a serious issue with an expensive product..

Time to go back to the shops ??

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

ARC issues exist in Community Forums for manufacturers off all kinds of devices (not just Bose, Samsung, Sony, LG, etc.) and from what I understand it's because there is no 'one' industry standard.  Check out forums at AVSForum and search 'ARC', followed by your TV model.  Many people are so frustrated they recommend not using ARC at all.  That said, some (like me) never have issues at all.  One of Bose' primary competitors doesn't even offer HDMI-CEC ARC as a connection option at all.  At least with Bose, you have a chance to try it.

Forums like these aren't answered by employees around the clock... but they supplement the manufactures' telephone support for customers who wish to search out fixes on their own and post new questions if an answer isn't found.  Some users respond to requests for help with knowledge they have picked up along the way.

For immediate help, I would recommend calling the Bose or Sony or whoever Technical Support lines so they can troubleshoot problems with you on-the-fly.  In this case lets say Bose can't help, then a call into Sony may be in order as they may have a solution.  If that's the case, then post it here for others to search and resolve on their own.

Good luck! 

[Edit]: Corrected link to AVSForum

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2018

Thats all new for me. So basicly every manufactory has there own form of HDMI Arc, no standard for all manufactory's?

You recommed to use the optical cable to connect the television to the ST300? 

I have to buy a new cable, you recommend a manufactory or just buy one?

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

I don't know enough about the manufacturing part to comment further.  There are hardware specifications, I know that, but then there are software implimentations for the hardware.  It was just worth noting that it was something I have read elsewhere before.

Do I personally recommend Optical over HDMI?  No, unless you can't get ARC to work properly.

I'm sure you've already done this but make sure your TV is using the latest firmware.  I know you've already tried a bunch of troubleshooting issues such as disconnecting HDMI and unplugging the TV and Sound Bar before reconnecting.  You've tried altering CEC setting in the SoundTouch App as well.  You've confirmed audio settings are correct in the TV.  The TV is telling you that communication is not being established with the sound bar. 

Again, it would be helpful to know which lights are currently illuminated on your ST 300, if they are solid or blinking, and which colours.  That information can be very useful when troubleshooting issues.  Your manual can detail the differences.

Here is a link to a possible solution for ARC audio trouble on a Sony TV from a Sony TV Community forum:

For Android™ TVs, Clear Data or Cache can be performed from the External Input Services Application.

1. Press the HOME button on the remote.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Under the TV category, select Apps.
  4. Select System apps.
  5. Select External Input Services.
  6. Select Clear data and choose OK.
  7. Select Clear cache and choose OK.

The supplied cables with your ST 300 are designed to work with the system.  Hopefully that tip above or the link to the Sony forum finds you a solution.  If it does, please update your thread here for the benefit of others 🙂