Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2018

Re: [Soundtoch 300] sudden no sound over ARC

Hi all. After working with every possible combo with my sound bar (resetting, pulling hdmi cables out, using power switch etc) I just completed a factory reset of my tv and the result = same!
I’m fairly confident this is to do with the BOSE firmware / software and not the TV.
Right now am using optical cable. Not happy, as it doesn’t sound as good as HDMI ARC, that part part is very obvious.
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

If you own a Samsung TV (like I do) then there are limitations on the type audio signal it sends the ST 300 over Optical.  Suffice it to say, if you connect a 5.1 source (such as cable box) to your TV via HDMI and then send it out it to the ST 300 over Optical, your TV may be resampling the output.

This thread should point you in the right direction, even if your TV is different brand. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2018

Hi @Jarnoootje

Prior to this malfunction, did the ST300 show in your Bravia sync device list? Mine did along with my Apple TV. Since this issue has occurred it no longer shows. Search high and low change every setting and it’s vanished.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

Re: [Soundtoch 300] sudden no sound over ARC [Sony Bravia KLD50W809C]

Had an issue with a New Sony soundbar this year connected to a Sony TV a few years old. Isolated the issue to interference between cec function on another connected device. Basically when the Sky HD satellite box had HDMI control setting set to ‘on’ the soundbar wouldn’t work. This was true even when the input with the sky box was not the active input. Even when the sky box was in standby it would have this effect and even when the Tv was set to display aerial based channels. The soundbar had disappeared from the Bravia sync menu. Once I turned off HDMI control on the sky box the issue still persisted but once I unplugged the box the setting change must have activated and the soundbar would now work. TV would switch it on etc. So that’s a Sony ct390 soundbar with a Sony 42w654a TV only a few years separating them so HDMI cec can be a problem with other boxes. Hope this helps.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Jarnoootje, 

I'm sorry to hear that. Are the two LED lights still blinking amber on your soundbar? If you disconnect all cables, expect the power cable, do the lights continue to blink? Were you able to update the software on your TV to the version that Sony released last month? To clarify, once you are able to get audio back to ARC, does it fail after a few days? I know you said this started recently. Did it start after updating the soundbar to 17.0.12? If you haven't done so already, can you try a factory default of the soundbar? Please let us know. 

Hi psmithps, 

Thank you for letting us know everything you've tried so far. Curiously, which version of software are you running on your Sony? If there is an update available for the TV, can you see if it helps? This issue has been going on since day one, correct? Can you try a different HDMI cable? Can you try to unplug the soundbar and TV from power for a solid minute, then power on the soundbar first, peripheral devices second (cable box, DVD player, etc) and ultimately the TV last? Please let us know. 

Hi Mariani76, 

I'm sorry that this has been so frustrating. Which model TV do you have? Just like Mike9264 mentioned, can you try to unplug your Apple TV and see if that allows the soundbar to be discovered? Which Apple TV do you have? Please let us know. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2018

Hi Brent
Was going to call Your help desk today and hopefully troubleshoot over the phone.
To answer your questions...
Sony TV is KDL55W900A. Software is up to date.
The alternate blinking lights only happened on Saturday morning. Completely random and then BAM. No more arc.
I haven’t tried the setting on my Apple TV 4 as yet so I’ll give that a crack.
When I restore the BST300 to factory it still maintain Ver 17 of the software. Does this sound right ?
Thanks. Mic.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Hi,

TV and ST300 were purchased just after Christmas. Set up and all working fine for about 2 weeks. ST300 came on automatically with TV and controlled by TV remote. Then suddenly it did not work.

TV update to latest when I set it up first time.

I have altered the CEC setting in soundtouch to alternate, TV is set with Bravia sync enabled (CEC). Turned it all off and switched it ob as you say. Then removed the HDMI and put it back in. It worked until I turned it off. Now back to not working and when I try to force it using the TV it says TV speakers enabled due to communication error with active speakers.

What is strange is the fact that it was working fine, and without altering anything it stopped working. All other inputs are plugged into the TV with nothing else going into the ST300 except ethernet, ARC and mains. TV is KD55xe9005 running latest version software V7.

I await your response.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2018

If your tv looks to be up to date, from the options menu, it won't nesecarely be up to date. My tv tells me that softwareversion PKG3.313.0160LAA is up to date but on the sony website version PKG5.313.0160LAA is the most up to date version.

Updating by USB stick isn't working well at the moment. I Thik maby the problems can come from the outdatet Sony software.

Once i've updated i'll come back with an update.

All the other solutions above won't work for me.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

Jarnoootje,

If your TV is telling you the firmware is the latest version available and you are having difficulty updating via USB, my advice is not to try to force it any further.  It may be that PKG3 versus PKG5 is only a regional identifier, since the remainder of the file name is identical.  Maybe post to a Sony Community Forum to request clarification from other owners of the Sony KDL-50W809C.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2018

Yesterday i've bought a digital cable and put it in the tv and soundbar. Now the sound is correctley comming from the st300. The HDMI cable is still in the tv and soundbar so the function to use one remote control.

The ST300 isn't showing up in the sync menu of the sony tv. Don't know if it's showen in the list before the problems because i havn't changed anny settings in the past.