Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2018

Re: [Soundtoch 300] sudden no sound over ARC

@Adsun wrote:

Hi All,

There was an update yesterday on soundtouch speakers. I did that and disconnected Optical cable,

tried the HDMI cable through ARC and it'sworking now however am not sure if it's due to the update.

Nonethless, it's worth the shot for anyone that faces ARC cable connection problem.

Adsun

ps: will keep us all posted if it drops again

Seems to work for me too. Hope it will work from now on for some time longer 🙂

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Hi,

This has not worked for me.

Would a moderator (or someone) please list out the settings / procedure fot getting this to work. I have unplugged the optical cable and nothing changed.

Thanks

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi @psmithps,

The steps we usually suggest are as follows:

• Factory Reset of the SoundTouch 300, instructions can be found HERE
  • During the process of the factory default, unplug your TV from power for 30 seconds
  • Re-seat the HDMI cable on both ends
  • If the above doesn't resolve the issue, try a different Hi-Speed HDMI cable

Let us know the results so we can report back to development.

Kind Regards,

Joel 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Hi,

thanks for the information, tried exactly what you say but no difference. factory reset, set the CEC setting to on, turned Tv off, changed the cable.

No luck at all. STILL NOT WORKING WITH ARC. works fine with optical but it did work properly with ARC.

Please advise.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

I already upgraded to 18.0.11, changed three hi-speed hdmi cables, it still doesn't work.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello @psmithps,

Thank you for the results. I know you stated you tried it with CEC "ON", did you also try it with "Alternate" or "Off"? Also, can you provide and check to see if there is an update for your TV as well and provide the version you are on?

Hello @shuaixf,

Thank you for posting. Have you tried the troubleshooting mentioned above? What is the make and model of your TV?

Kind Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2018

I have a fairly old Panasonic VieraTV with Sky Q. When I switched to a non HD channel I got sound- but when I switched to a HD channel no sound unless I faffed around with the AV settings via the TV remote until the sound eventually came on. However... I think I may have sorted it.

On the TV I only have 2 HDMI sockets. Only one is ARC to which I have the st300 plugged into. In the other I have an Amazon firestick connected. I tried switching the TV and the st300 off at the mains- unplugged the Firestick- waited 30 seconds- switched the TV and st300 back on and it works a treat. A very slight drawback is when I want to use the Firestick, I have to plug it back in.