cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Claudiohtc
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2015

Soundtouch 10/20/HT520 randomly stop playing after a couple of songs while using Spotify Connect

I have had four Soundtouch systems at home for almost a year (10/20/Portable and HT520). They are amazing and always worked perfectly well (until last week). 

However, since last week, my systems have randomly stopped playing spotify (via spotify connect) after a couple of songs, just somewhere in the middle of a playlist while a song is playing.

When it happens, I check the spotify app on my Macbook Pro (or iPad or iPhone). It is as someone hit the button stop. If I check the soundtouch App, it gives me the following message: "We can't connect to that music service right now. Please try again later. (1300)."

The problem keeps repeating itself whether I'm selecting music with Spotify Connect or the Soundtouch app on both my MacBook Pro/iPad/iPhone.

It's extremely annoying. 

I modified the streaming quality on Soundtouch App, but it didn't help.

As an user of the system for about a year, investing to have a SoundTouch in every place at home, I'm very sad this is happening.

If I listen to Spotify on my MacBook Pro/iPad/iPhone (including Bluetooth), it works fine. The problem is really listening to music using Spotify via Spotify connect (either on Spotify App or Soundtouch App).

Please help me, because I don't have any idea about what to do, and I'm really an enthusiatic of using SoundTouch and Spotify together (using Spotify Connect).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 10/20/HT520 randomly stop playing after a couple of songs while using Spotify Connect

Author Accepted Answer selected by Claudiohtc

Hi Claudiohtc,

Spotify pushed an update to their Connect service two days ago.  Have you tested it out yet?  Does the issue still happen or has it been resolved?

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Eferraz
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 27, 2014

Re: Soundtouch 10/20/HT520 randomly stop playing after a couple of songs while using Spotify Connect

Same problem here, I was all night with Spotify support on twitter, no good results te problem is with the Spotify connect services, I did everything reinstalled Spotify all devices, even SoundTouch app on IOS and OS X nothing seem to work, after 2 songs stop on 3, sometimes I received a message that o SoundTouch app that said ups or hum no service... I have SoundTouch 20, SA 4, JC, SoundTouch 130. I test using Bluetooth and nothing drops, problem definitely with the Spotify connect service, even last night with Spotify support we used a different test Spotify account and we replicate de issues from Spotify side clueless.

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi @Claudiohtc and @Eferraz,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with Spotify Connect.  We've seen many reports pop up recently of Spotify either pausing after a few tracks, or not playing entirely.  I've escalated this issue to the software development team and we're currently trying to identify the issue so we can apply a fix.  Once the issue is resolved, we will communicate it to the board.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Jonny M
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2017

I am also having this issue. It has randomly appeared.

There have been no changes to my home WiFI.

If use the Spotify app on my iPhone and connect via Bluetooth then I have no issues.

However this is not a good workaround as I cannot "Play All"

I have rebooted all network devices and I can ping the devices with no packet loss on the network. However I would think that the issue pertains to something in the Spotify Connect API - because when it stops it's quite abrupt in the same way as when you use Spotify connect to start playing on another device.

This issue seems to only affect Spotify.
Macavity
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 22, 2016

Just for information: same here on ST 10 - spotify stops after some minutes / hours / or whenever it wants to - no clear reason for this, not really reproducable. Streaming other i-net radio station works fine.

Clanger
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

Having the exact same issues as the original Poster (Claudiohtc) 

Everything worked perfectly until last week. Very frustrating for a muti thousand $ system especially when your trying to show it off.

Done all the test, reset, reloaded. Need an answer ASAP- driving me insane

Claudiohtc
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2015

Hi, Brandon,

I really need this fixed ASAP, as this is driving me insane. After spending a lot of money and with four ST systems, one in each room of my apartment, this problem is making my former wonderful integrated wifi system run poorly.

I used to brag and recommend Bose Soundtouch to my friends. Now, it's been the opposite, as what's happening is frustrating. 

What would I say to those who ask me about Soundtouch, if it is worth the money spent?

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Claudiohtc

Hi Claudiohtc,

Spotify pushed an update to their Connect service two days ago.  Have you tested it out yet?  Does the issue still happen or has it been resolved?

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

Macavity
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 22, 2016

Today no dropouts on the ST10 here in Austria - all fine.

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Excellent.  Thank you for the report!

-Brandon