Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 1, 2017

Soundtouch 10 AUX rebroadcast with a TV

Hi 

I have two Soundtouch 10s which I typically use in stereo mode in one room. They're awesome and produce a great sound. 

Whenever I want to watch TV, I've had to switch them out of stereo mode and listening through the AUX on just the 'right' speaker. I've been waiting for the new AUX re-broadcasting to come through, hoping it would solve this problem.

Since it's been released, I've tried it out but it doesn't seem to be working as expected:

• either the re-broadcast has a 3 second delay or
  • I change the settings to activate 'Video Sync' and I get sound without delay through the 'right' speaker but still the 3 second delay through the 'left'. 

Both options are useless for watching TV. Surely the point of 'video sync' is to make it possible to use AUX rebroadcast with video? Have I misundertstood this or have I not set it up correctly?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 10 AUX rebroadcast with a TV

Author Accepted Answer selected by ifellover

Due to processing there is going to be a delay between the TV and SoundTouch (at least for a while).    Your main issue is that SoundTouch is designed for multiple rooms - not multiple speakers in the same room, and primarily for music.

The Video sync is to help in certain ways.  If I have people watching sport in one room while I'm listening to the commentary outside by the barbeque, the video can be synced to the speakre in the main room (ie SoundBar), while slightly delayed outside (outdoor speakers).  Because I have no video that would be fine.  

Alternatively if I am listening to music from Apple TV in the same example, I may have people walking in between areas so I want all the speakers to be in sync and anything displayed on the TV doesn't matter (Video Sync off)

Stereo Mode ST10s were designed for the one room, but for music and not video. Hence they are not great for that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 1, 2017

I would add that I'm plagued with bugs since the new update as well. Sound dropping out, volume glitches, stereo connections failing, and Spotify integration has become a mess. 

Not sure what's happening! 

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by ifellover

Due to processing there is going to be a delay between the TV and SoundTouch (at least for a while).    Your main issue is that SoundTouch is designed for multiple rooms - not multiple speakers in the same room, and primarily for music.

The Video sync is to help in certain ways.  If I have people watching sport in one room while I'm listening to the commentary outside by the barbeque, the video can be synced to the speakre in the main room (ie SoundBar), while slightly delayed outside (outdoor speakers).  Because I have no video that would be fine.  

Alternatively if I am listening to music from Apple TV in the same example, I may have people walking in between areas so I want all the speakers to be in sync and anything displayed on the TV doesn't matter (Video Sync off)

Stereo Mode ST10s were designed for the one room, but for music and not video. Hence they are not great for that.

View solution in original post

Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

Hello 

would love this feature to use with TV from my Soundtouch 300 to Soundtouch 10. Currently TV is connected as HDMI / ARC ... do I need to add another connection with the TV to use the aux broadcast ? 

Thanks Bjoern