pruscoe
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

Soundtouch 10 SoundTouch indicator flashing

The music keeps cutting on when play via the wireless. The SoundTouch indicator flashes and the music stops, I re connect and it goes for a few minutes and does it again, very frustrating. It doesn't seem to matter if I am streaming the music or playing a downlaoded playlist

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 10 SoundTouch indicator flashing

Hi pruscoe,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. That sounds like a connectivity issue with your router. Could I ask, how far is the speaker from your wireless router? Would it be possible for you to move the speaker to the same room as the router for troubleshooting?

Please come back and let us know,

Tony-Community Support

Highlighted
pruscoe
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

It is in the same room and sits about 2 feet from the router

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 16, 2018

Hi pruscoe,

Thanks for getting back to us with this information.  Your system is most definitely within range of your WIFI network.  My next suspicion is WIFI interference.  Do you have a dual-band router with different network names for each band?  If so, can we test the system on both the 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz bands separately to see if one works better than the other?

Curiously, when you are experiencing this drop out does the WIFI status indicator (first led on the left) remain a solid white?

Regards,

Eric G

Highlighted
pruscoe
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your help on this matter.

The WIfi status light stayed on solid white. It was the soundtouch indicator was staying solid amber.

I am now thinking we were having a bad internet day when I put that post up. I have since found out everyone in our area was complaining about the service that day. Rather embarrassingly I have also discovered that if you don’t have the repeat on when the playlist reaches the end the music stops (obviously) and the Soundtouch indicator goes solid amber. I would say my problem is solved 😊

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi @pruscoe,

Thank you for the response. We are happy to hear the problem has been solved for you. Please create a new thread if you need anything else!

Tony-Community Support