Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2018

Soundtouch 10 - Unable to connect in bluetooth without removing the electric plug every day

Good morning,

I am currently facing a persistent issue with my new SoundTouch 10 speaker.

It is connected via WiFi, 6 internet radio stations are programmed and working.

The app SoundTouch on phone seems to work (visible speaker from app via WiFi, ability to change settings, program radio favorites, listen to radio stations)

I cannot connect regularly in Bluetooth with 2 different Android phones :

I can associate the phones with the speaker once, use it properly but the next day, it becomes "unable to connect" to the speaker.

- I tried to dissociate, remove the speaker from the list of known devices on the phones and reassociate. The phones are still "unable to connect". I cannot connect nor pair : the speaker while in pairing mode (blue LED blinking) seems to be invisible to phone.

- Clearing completely the list of paired devices from the speaker does not seem to help.

The only thing that cures the problem is to unplug the electric wire, replug, switch on again the speaker, let it reboot properly for 30 s and then pair the phone to speaker now visible.

The trick seem to hold only for one day : on the next day, the ability to connect is lost, the speaker is invisible again.

Do you have any advice to cure permanently the issue, without having to play with the electric wire ?

Am I missing something obvious ?

Cheers.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 10 - Unable to connect in bluetooth without removing the electric plug every day

Hi AntoEservice,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

What are the Android phones that you are using?

When you press the Bluetooth button on the SoundTouch system (to switch over to the BT source) are you quickly tapping it, or holding it down?

When you switch over to the BT source, does the BT light on the ST10 blink white or blue?  You should only need to enter pairing mode when adding a new device.

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 10 - Unable to connect in bluetooth without removing the electric plug every day

Hello Brandon,

thanks for the reply. What you describe to me looks like the basic things I should know  (white blinking to connect a previously-paired device in bluetooth / blue blinking to pair fresh devices), correct ?

The phones are Android Samsung A3, one in version 2016, OS Android 7.0 (let's name it, A3-o), the second in version 2017, OS Android 8.0.0 (let's name it A3-n). These are the only two devices that we try to pair (i.e. less than the value of 6 devices authorised)

The procedure to fail to connect :

- unplug the speaker, replug, let it connect to internet network via home WiFi

- pair (blue blinking) the first phone A3-n

- connect it in bluetooth (white blinking), it works, ok, cut its bluetooth connection

- pair the second phone A3-o (blue blinking)

- connect it in bluetooth (white blinking), it works, ok, cut its bluetooth connection

then after some time (the next day), none of the phone can see the speaker again, i.e.

1. first give a try simply with a bluetooth connection (white blinking) : message on the phone indicating that it is "unable to connect to Soundtouch".

2. then dissociate the phone (i.e. forget SoundTouch from the phone point of view)

3. then only try to pair again (blue blinking), still the phone does not see anymore the Soundtouch speaker among the bluetooth device visible

At stage 2, I can further clean on the SoundTouch device the list of known and paired devices, this does not change the situation.

My feeling over the last days is that the problem may come from the fact we use two phones : I did not try to pair the second phone these days, having only A3-n paired to SoundTouch seems to work (connection in bluetooth, possible) over several consecutive days.

Any further clue about the origin of the problem ?

Regards

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Thank you for the information and your detailed steps, it's greatly appreciated.

This should work without issue with multiple phones, so it seems as though the issue is with the Bluetooth chip in the SoundTouch system.  How recently did you purchase this?  If it is still within the return period I would recommend swapping this out at the point of sale.  If not, you can contact your local support center to arrange for a service option.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon