Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2017

Soundtouch 10. Used to work. Now nothing will play.

Set up my speakers. Worked fine. Now nothing will play. I have internet. When I try to play, two white lights come on, app says speakers are ready to play, I select a station and ..... nothing. Eventually the lights turn off. Rebooted my Ipad. Still nothing. Getting a bit ticked. How hard can this be?  $300+ for annoyance. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 10. Used to work. Now nothing will play.

Hi jojosail2,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

How many SoundTouch 10s do you have?  

Have you power cycled the SoundTouch 10s and your Wireless router as well?  Can we give that a shot?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2017

I have 2 SoundTouch 10 speakers. First set them up and they both worked. Then I suddenly, without touching anything, had a different station on each speaker, one that I had chosen and another I had never chosen. Then neither would play, now one will play at a time, either one. Both will not play. Spent an hour on the phone. Did multiple 4/volume button down resets, multiple 2/volume button down, redid the setup, added speaker individually, I never set up a group but the app says I have a group and sometimes says the group is playing but only one speaker is. I can get one or the other to play and the option for play all is black but nothing happens when clicked. I have unplugged and replugged. I have restarted my router. All I need now is a great big sledge hammer or my money back. +$329. HELP. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi jojosail2, 

Thank you for responding. I'm sorry to hear that these issues are still ongoing. Did the issue appear after our latest software update?Curiously, have you tried to factory default the speakers using THIS procedure and re-configure them to your network? What is the make and model of your router? Does it broadcast both a 2.4 and 5 GHz network? If it does, which one are you connected to? Do the two bands have unique names? If they don't, can you name them each something unique and see if it helps? Please let us know. 

Kind Regards