j2leake
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 15, 2017

Soundtouch 10 and Spotify: Assign Station or Radio to Preset

Loving convenience of the simple Preset features (1-6) on Soundtouch10.  No issue "assigning" 1 preset to a local radio station via iHeartRadio and then several more Presets for specific Spotify Playlists.  However, I'd like to assign a Preset to a Spotify "Station" or Spotify "Radio" (both sources exist within the actual Spotify app) but in the "service view" of Spotify used within the Soundtouch app I see only My Playlists; Genres & Moods (plus advertised "Featured Playlists and Charts).  Is there truly no ability within Soundtouch app to access my saved Spotfiy "Stations" or "Radios" and assign them to a preset?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 10 and Spotify: Assign Station or Radio to Preset

Hi j2leake,

Thanks for the question.  You can absolutely set those as presets for your Soundtouch systems.  In the SoundTouch app, open Spotify and go to the list of Playlists or Stations you have, and drag and drop the ones you want to set as presets down to the specific preset numbers.

Let me know if this does not work for you or if you have any other questions!

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
j2leake
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 15, 2017

Brandon,

I appreciate the reply.  I can easily locate and "drag and drop" any of my Playlists to a button assignment.  However, I cannot find a similar listing of my Stations on the Spotify screen inside SoundTouch.  Any advice? Thanks - Jim

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

I've done a bit of research into this, and it looks like "Stations" support isn't native to the SoundTouch App.  However, there is a work around to set stations as presets.  You can start playing the radio station in the Spotify App, select "Speakers Available" at the bottom, and select the SoundTouch system.  Once that's done and the music is playing out of your SoundTouch speaker, you can hold the preset button you wish to set the station to, and the station should save.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support