stiff.levey
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2017

Soundtouch 10 aux jack

I have a pair of Soundtouch 10 speakers and was wondering if it's possible to connect one speaker to my TV via the aux connection and then pair the two speakers together wirelessly? I can't find any information about pairing while in aux mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cluso
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 27, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 10 aux jack

Author Accepted Answer selected by stiff.levey

Ok, I just gave it a try and can confirm that it works, which is awesome!

Two ST10 paired into a stero pair can now play AUX in (software version 16!). When AUX is selected, you have to select which of the two speakers shall be used as input. As anticipated, there is a significant delay (about 2-3s), which you have to compensate in your playback device if you want to use this feature for TV. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cluso
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 27, 2017

Hi, 

I tried this before without success. Up to version 15.x, it was not possible to use two ST10 as a stereo pair with AUX input. It might be possible now after the software update to 16.x, but even if it works, you will have a delay due to the buffering to recast the signal to the second speaker. 

If you use a computer to playback video, you can sometimes manually set a delay between video and sound (mplayer and VLC supports this, for example). This could be used to compensate the delay.

Highlighted
Cluso
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 27, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by stiff.levey

Ok, I just gave it a try and can confirm that it works, which is awesome!

Two ST10 paired into a stero pair can now play AUX in (software version 16!). When AUX is selected, you have to select which of the two speakers shall be used as input. As anticipated, there is a significant delay (about 2-3s), which you have to compensate in your playback device if you want to use this feature for TV. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
stiff.levey
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2017

Great, thanks for the info. 😁

Highlighted
stiff.levey
Quiet Contributor
Registered since