pbw
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2016

Soundtouch 10 browser setup

In the topic "SoundTouch 10 won't connect to new Wi-Fi network (different ISP and ASUS router)," which discussed a similar problem to mine, I found a reference to the local web address http://192.0.2.1, which does not occur (according to the PDF search) in the user guide.

I moved to a new house with an existing router, so I had to try to re-connect my 10 to my MacBook Pro.  I followed the (skimpy) instructions repeatedly, varying the elements not specifically mentioned in the instructions.  No dice.  I spent a couple fo hours going round in circles.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the SoundTouch app on my Mac, and installed the Android app on my phone.  I tried with the USB cable to my computer.  I repeatedly rebooted the speaker.  In the Android app, I would momentarily see what looked like a wifi login screen, which would then disappear and I would be told to try again.

When I tried to connect the phone to the ST 10 wifi using the wifi menu directly, it would connect for a moment, get an IP address, then drop the connection, which looked similar to the symptom of the quickly dropped login menu, mentioned above.  I was abl to connect from my Mac by 1) connecting the mac wifi to the speaker, and 2) entering http://192.0.2.1 in my browser.

However, when I then connect the Mac to my router, and start up the ST app, it cannot find the speaker.  The SY app on my Android can, however, attach to the speaker. Que???

This software is a shambles.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Soundtouch 10 browser setup

hello pbw

Thanks for writing in!

To better help, can you provide the make/model of the router or any access points in the home?

Also, who is the internet service provider for the network as well?

Let us know!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

pbw
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2016

The router is a Netgear Telstra Gateway Max C6300BD-1TLAUS DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem.  The service provider is Telstra (Australia.)

Community Manager

Hi pbw

Thanks for getting back to us with the info!

Would you be able to login to the router and see if we can set the channel to 1, 6, or 11?  Also disable WMM or QoS settings?

How far away is the speaker from the router as well?

Let us know!

Warm Regards,

Tony A