Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

Soundtouch 10 cannot be found by App or loses connection to Wifi completely

Hi there,

I have 2 soundtouch 10 Boxes which quite frequently cannot be found by the App anymore.

Sometimes via the 6 Buttons it worked but the app still couldn‘t find any of them.

In case we switch to bluetooth connection the boxes every single time are disconnected from Wifi completely and we have to do the whole ceremony with pressing button 2 and (-) to connect them again, which is not really feasible if they‘re hanging on a wall!

Have tried different Wireless settings in the router but none helped. Really really annoying.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank,

kris

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 10 cannot be found by App or loses connection to Wifi completely

Welcome to the club, there are lots and lots of threads on the forum about this, Bose have yet to explain or offer a fix. They have been consistantly making this worse in the last 2 updates.

see:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/App-constantly-losing-connection-to-wave-soundtouc...

Someone from Bose will be along in a minute to tell you rebooting or purchasing a new router will fix it! take that with a pinch of salt.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Kris80,

Thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear about your consistent issues with system detection. Do notice if the WiFi indicator on the system is staying solid white when you are unable to see them in the app? What is the make and model of your router?

Let me know the results so I can investigate this further for you.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

Hello Joel,

right now after having had the bluetooth connected, the Wifi actually has a blinking blue light.

The Router is a Technicolor TC7200 U

Thanks,

Kris

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

Hi Joel, 

for info, the light now turned to a solid white one.

Thx,

Kris

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Kris80,

Thank you for getting back to me with the details. When was this working last for you without any issues? Does this happen from all devices that have the SoundTouch application? There may be some helpful tips located HERE, the post is by Brian. Please test with these steps and if they do not resolve the issue, I will escalate this to engineering for you.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2015

I'm having the same problem with a Soundtouch 20 Series III since the 17.0.12 update a few weeks ago.  (Before the update, the system had been working VERY stably/flawlessly since the previous update.)

The symptoms are daily, spontaneous loss of connectivity using:

1) Soundtouch App on 2 separate iPhones

2) Soundtouch App on 2 separate Macs

3) http through a web browser 

4) ping 

Yes - even with the loss of connectivity described above, Spotify Connect will function using Spotify on one of the macs of iphones. Or pressing a preset button on the SoundTouch will start a spotify playlist or Internet Radio station. (Meanwhile the device can not be simultaneously pingged or http'd or found via app)

To restore proper connectivity, only a reboot is effective. And then the device displays proper connectivity via all methods for a period of time (few hours?). 

Things tried (over and over, expecting different result):

1) Factory reset of all settings - including Wifi settings and reconfiguring

2) Reinstall of latest firmware manually via Http and thumbdrive

3) asigning device static IP reservation via router

4) removing device from Bose account and re-adding. 

It's basically a $350 brick - never available to play without a fresh reboot.  Yet was working SO well before this current firmware. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi thomj001,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you're having with detecting your system on your network.

What brand/model wireless router do you have?

Instead of a reboot of the system, does a reboot of your router help at all?  

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2015

Hey Brandon -

Thanks for the reply. The router is an Apple AirPort Extreme (latest model before being D/Cd by Apple).

Rebooting the router does not restore connectivity/responsively of router.

The Airport router firmware hasn’t changed in a year - and the SoundTouch system was very stable all through November / December with the previous Bose firmware.

As soon as the SoundTouch 20 received the 17.0.12 update, the issues started.

John
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Interesting.  Thank you John for the reply.

I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do next for troubleshooting, as you've done everything I'd recommend for troubleshooting.  I'd like to have you collect log files and a bit of information so I can get this escalated to engineering.

1. Can you try connect the SoundTouch system via Ethernet to your Airport Extreme?  Can the system be reliably detected via Ethernet?

2. What firmware is the Airport Extreme running?

3. What kind of iPhones are you using?  What is the OS version on those iPhones, and also on the iMacs?

4. You have just the one ST20 III, correct?

5. Can you collect SoundTouch Log files?  Instructions are located HERE.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Once you get the log files, let me know and I will provide you with a link to the e-mail address associated with your community account.

Best,

Brandon