Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 10 cannot be found by App or loses connection to Wifi completely

Hi Joel,

I tried now all the steps that were proposed in the thread. Then of course it worked again as always for a few days. But now both speakers are disconnected again. This was like this from the beginning, it was unfortunately never stable.

It usually happens for all devices connected, yes. (IOS as we’ll as android)

Sometimes we have a HAMA bluetooth Transmitter connected. After that the connection is lost every single time.

If we just change to bluetooth connection without the transmitter in 80% of the cases the connection to the speakers is lost completely.

Could you please help out here?

Thanks,

Kris

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Kris80,

I just want to confirm with you, have you tried putting the systems on the 5g network of your router?

Kind Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

Hi Joel,
yes, but I couldn't keep it on 5g because other devices only work under 2,4g.

Best Regards,
Kris
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Kris80,

Thanks for the reply. If you are having an issue seeing devices between 2 bands on your router, you should check and see if the router has the ability to disable "Wireless Isolation". This will then enable to see devices on either band.

Kind Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

Hi Joel,

nope, there is no such setting. It is not a Dual Band Router I believe.

Kind Regards,

Kris

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

Hi Joel,

another strange effect we just discovered is that the speakers are ‚lost‘ again (at least the soundtouch app says so).

But when I open the spotify app directly (not via soundtouch app) and then choose one of the speakers, then it plays the music. And I have bluetooth off at that device, so it must be found via wireless somehow. Nevertheless no chance to find them via soundtouch app at the same time.

Any suggestions why this could happen?

Thanks and Regards,

Kris

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 1, 2015

Since the last update the Bose ST App is even more flaky than before.

Quite often I will open the app (it usually has to be shut down and opened again to even look for the ST units) and one or more of my ST boxes will be greyed out under ‘Play all’ and if you scroll through (numerous) windows and finally get to the greyed out unit the app will say ‘looking for speaker’, even though the speaker may actually be playing or can be played by using the remote...

This is using the App on both an iPad and a MacBook Pro (all up to date)

That says to me that the ST units are not always broadcasting/communicating with the app - they are obviously on-line, connected and able to stream from the Internet....

Sigh, will we ever get a stable version of the Bose app?

Also will you PLEASE STOP FORCING THESE UPDATES ON US!!!

If I could I would gladly go back to the old ‘black’ app, it was far more functional and intuitive than this current one, also it actually worked...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

Hello Joel,

any news on this one?

I urgently need to fix this behause usage of the speakers is not possible at all!

The speakers are found via Spotify App but not via Soundtouch App. So they Must be connected to the Wireless network. (Bluetooth is off)

Please urgently provide a solution so that the speakers are found again in the soundtouch app.

Thanks!!

Kris

Highlighted

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your latest post on this thread. I'm sorry to hear that the connectivity issues persist.

I've taken a look into the issues you've been having with the SoundTouch 10s, and I've also looked into the specifications of your Technicolor router. I can see that it supports both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands.

Your router does not have a QoS (quality of service) setting, am I correct? I'm double-checking this because other customers have set their routers to optimize QoS for streaming media, and this has helped resolve their connectivity issues. A topic about this can be found here.

If you don't have the QoS setting, have you tried performing a factory reset of the SoundTouch 10s, to restore them to their original default settings? This is done as follows:

a. Press the system's Power button to turn it on

b. Press and hold the system's "1" and "Volume -" buttons for 10 seconds. All front LEDs glow solid after 1 second; after 10 seconds, all front LEDs blink white

c. Once the front LEDs blink white, release the buttons to reboot the system. The LEDs light from left to right several times during reboot
d. When the Wi-Fi indicator glows amber, the SoundTouch 10s are in setup mode. Launch the SoundTouch app to connect the system to the network.

I would also suggest rebooting your router by unplugging it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in, as in my experience this can also help.

If that does not remedy the issue either, then - in light of what you have said about your HAMA Bluetooth transmitter - perhaps the connection is lost every time due to a 2.4GHZ-related issue, given that Bluetooth devices also use the 2.4GHz frequency band, which could be causing interference?

In this regard, I know you have tried using just the 5GHz network on the router, but have you tried splitting the router into the two separate networks and connecting all 2.4GHz-compatible devices to the 2.4G network, and all 5GHz-compatible devices (including the SoundTouch 10s) to the 5G network? What results does that produce?

I hope these troubleshooting steps help! Let us know if the issue is now resolved - or if not, we will be happy to help further.

Regards

-    Ben - Bose Support

Mehr fühlen, mehr erleben.
Neu in der Community? In unseren Community-Richtlinien findest Du hilfreiche Tipps für den Einstieg. Nicht vergessen: wir haben unsere Community-Ränge und -Belohnungen erneuert und verbessert. Schau sie Dir mal an!