Owain
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2018

Soundtouch 10 not conecting to WiFi

As other posts have stated, soundtouch 10 says it can't connect to the WiFi on the app despite it always has done. It's clearly connected as if I press one of the numerical buttons it plays the preset.

This is now the second issue with this soundtouch 10 in as many months. Last time it was Deezer's fault. Who's fault is it this time I wonder?
5 REPLIES 5
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 10 not conecting to WiFi

Hi Owain,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

What device do you have the SoundTouch app installed on?  Can we try installing it on multiple devices (like a computer, smartphone/tablet, etc) and see if it happens on all of them?

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Owain
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2018

It doesn't work on my Sony Xperia phone, my wife's iPhone 7 or my son's iPhone 8. No other issues with these devices. The only constant is the Bose. Logically the problem lies with the Bose.
Owain
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2018

Problem still not resolved. Reset Bose to factory settings. Reinstalled apps on phones. Worked on the Sony. Then tried on the Apple. Worked on the Apple. Tried again on the Sony and failed. Tried again on the Apple and failed. The app on the Apple remembered what the Bose was called before despite renaming it using the Sony. Clearly reinstalling the apps and restoring it to factory settings didn't actually do what you'd think it would do.

Any help would be appreciated. Otherwise the Bose is useless. Where's my ipod Classic?!
Owain
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2018

Problem is now resolved having phoned customer services. Marvellous service. We had accidentally set up 2 bose accounts which caused a conflict!
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Owain,

That's great to hear! Don't hesitate to come back if you need anything else! 

Tony - Community Support