Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anujdeva
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2020

Soundtouch 10 not connecting to Wifi using WPA3 protocol

I installed a new wireless router in my home and set the security setting to WPA3 as this is more secure. All the other devices in my home connected to new router without a hiccup except my Soundtouch speaker. I guess that is the problem as before this change I was able to use the speaker without any issues.

Any suggestions how to make SoundTouch work with new WPA3 protocol?

Bose product name: SoundTouch 10

Firmware and App version are updated very regularly.

Thanks,

Anuj

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Soundtouch 10 not connecting to Wifi using WPA3 protocol

Hi anujdeva,

You wouldn't be able to use your SoundTouch 10 with the WPA3 security protocol on your router as SoundTouch speakers can currently only be used with WEP, WPA-TKIP, WPA2-AES, or WPA/WPA2 (mixed mode). The SoundTouch 10 is not compatible with WPA3 at this time.

I can pass on a feature request to our development team, so they can look into whether they can make the SoundTouch speakers compatible with WPA3, but I would not be able to say if this would be possible or not. I will however make sure the development team knows that compatibility with WPA3 is something you would like to see added to the SoundTouch speakers!

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!