Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2017

Soundtouch 10 - not reachable via Soundtouch App (or Spotify Connect)

Hi,

I have a problem with my Soundtouch 10 speaker. I installed the Soundtouch App on my Android phone and my iPad (4th Gen). I was able to initialize the speaker and connect them with my Wifi. I followed the steps on the App and I was able to connect to the speaker - save Presets to the 6 Hotkeys. I also was able to play music via Spotify App as it showed me the Bose Soundtouch on the list of available devices. Worked like a charm.

But after a few days (I am not using it everyday so I haven't found out when it happens) I can't connect to the speaker any longer. Soundtouch App says there is no speaker available on my network - but the speaker is connected to my Wifi, because I am still able to access the Webradio or even my Spotify Playlists I have saved to the Hotkeys. When the speaker is turned off the Wifi light shines white (not as bright when its turned on). The Soundtouch App offers me to connect my speaker again - when I follow the steps (putting the speaker in connect mode,...) I am able to connect the speaker again. Then it works again - until the next time. It's really annoying that I have to connect the speaker everytime again so I am able to make changes to the Hotkeys or listen via Spotify Connect.

I am from Vienna, Austria - my ISP is UPC and I am using their cable modem with integrated Wifi (Technicolor TC7200). Are there any settings I have to change on my Router/modem? I guess it might be a problem there that the speaker is not visible on my wifi network. Still I don't understand why it's working when I connect the speaker the first time (or reconnect it) and then it somehow it looses the connection.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Christian

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 10 - not reachable via Soundtouch App (or Spotify Connect)

Hi Christian.  

There are a number of reasons why the app may not be able to find the speaker that is connected to your network.  We've seen some issues with the Technicolor routers in the past so this may be similar. 

A couple of things to try:

Could you temporarily disable the firewall on your router and see if the app can reliably find the system?  The SoundTouch systems communicate to the app through certain ports and your router may be blocking them.  If this is the case, there are some settings we can try to change to resolve the issue.

If your router is broadcasting on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies, can you check that your iPad and the SoundTouch 10 are connected to the same one?  If the communication is being blocked by being on different frequencies, there may be some settings to look at there as well.  

Let us know what you find. 

Thanks! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2017

Hi Adam

thank you for your reply. I checked my Router settings. Only 2.4 GHz Wireless is enabled, so they should be in the same network - 5GHz is disabled. I also tried to disable the Firewall (Firewall Protrection was on 'Low' and IPv6 Firewall Protection was 'Enabled' before) - didn't worked out. Internet connection is working for the speaker, I am able to run webradio and Spotify playlist Presets - but still the speaker doesn't show up on my Spotify Connect list.

I added the ST10 again (setting into connection mode,...) and now I can connect to the speaker via iPad, Android phone and it also shows up in my Spotify Connect list. For now I will keep the Firewall disabled and try to connect to the speaker later on. It always works fine when I add the speaker again...but after a while the App and Spotify can't find it.

Cheers

Chris

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2017

Hi again

a short update. After I connected the speaker again the other day I tried to connect to it again several times during the day - no problems, even with setting back the Firewall setting to the original state. Next day the App on my iPad couldn't find the speaker - also Spotify Connect isn't working. I opened now Spotify on my computer (Stand-alone version, connected via cable to the Router) and I can see the Soundtouch 10 on the connect list and it's working. 

Best regards

Chris

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2017

Hi,

any update on this?

Cheers

Chris

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi sirweasel, 

Thank you for this information. It's certainly strange that the issue seems to come back shortly after everything is working. Let's try a quick test. Let's try doing a quick reset on your modem/router combo. Simply unplug the modem/router unit (or both units if they are separate) from power, for about 30 seconds, and reconnect power. For this test, we are NOT going to do a reset on the SoundTouch system yet. 

After everything is powered back up, retest the system. If everything works fine again, we know the issue is with the router (since we didn't adjust any settings, or even reset the SoundTouch system). Let us know if this doesn't fix the issue, and we can continue troubleshooting. 

Best regards,

Brian