Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

Soundtouch 10 "hidden" on LAN

My Soundtouch is currently connected to my WiFi network playing Radio Caroline. Using the Agile Tea app on my Windows phone I can easily change between presets, turn on and off, change volume etc. However, the soundtouch program on my PC can no longer find the speaker. Also, if I use the router control page to view attached devices, it is not listed. What has happened? If I turn off the router it stops playing - so it is definitely connected to the network. Have checked Windows Firewall and everything to do with Soundtouch, itunes, Bonjour, is allowed.

9 REPLIES 9
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 10 "hidden" on LAN

Hi there,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you're having.  What kind of PC do you have?

Does your router have a guest network or possibly 2.4/5GHz networks?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

The PC is just a desktop running Windows 7. Router does not have a guest network. There is however a Chromecast attached to the TV which strangely shows up as a separate network on WiFi network scans, I will try turning that off in case the speaker has connected to that. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

I tried some tests with and without the Chromecast, it makes no difference. I had the MAC address wrong and the one I am seeing on the router control panel is the Soundtouch. However the app still says it can't find it.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Pedrovian, 

Thank you for responding.  What is the make and model of the router you are using? Are you using Mac Filtering? If you disable it, does the system show up as being connected? On your PC, are you using VPN or any remote desktop program? If so, can you try to disable them and re-test? If the computer running the SoundTouch app or music server is using a virtual private network or has a remote desktop program running, the system may not be able to connect to it as it is on a "network within a network". Also, if you haven't done so already, can you try to reboot your PC? What version of the app do you have on your PC? What version of software do you have on your system? The article HERE explains how to check for this.  If the system is running a different version than the app on your PC, that could explain it. 

I'm curious if these steps will resolve it for you. Please let us know. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

Hi Brent_B, 

answers to your questions in order .....

I am not using MAC filtering

I do not have a VPN or remote desktop prog

The PC has been rebooted hundreds of times since the app stopped working

The app version is 16.140.46 Interface version 16.150.53 Protocol version 59

Something I have now noticed in the About section is under Speaker Details it says SoundTouch 10A Connection Type OFFLINE

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

I am extremely p*ss*d off now, things got so bad I had no control over it, wouldn't even respond to the remote. I ended up doing a factory reset but the Soundtouch app still will not connect to it over my network. "No speaker found" is the only thing it comes up with, even though it is sat there playing internet radio stations previously put in the presets (I assume). I have located the receipt and am planning to take it back to the shop tomorrow.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

App on Windows 7 PC is now ...

Interface version 17.170.83

App version 17.170.80

Protocol version 59

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

OK, I think this is a computer issue. I borrowed my partners Samsung Galaxy 5 and installed the app on it. That works fine. The computer - can do the initial set-up of the speaker using USB, but absolutely no chance of finding it on the LAN. I've now got an ipad to try ...

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Pedrovian,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues. Please let us know if the SoundTouch app for iOS devices (the iPad) works for you. To ensure that your computer is running the latest SoundTouch app version (v17.170.80), you may also want to consider re-installing the app on your computer from HERE

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support