Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2015

Re: Soundtouch 10 requires reboot to connect to WiFi

Another SoundTouch 20 here with WiFi connectivity problems following the 17.0.12 DHCP update. (Was working stably before the update.) Now it works for 'a day' or so and then requires a reboot in order to be seen by the iOS app (on two different iOS devices) or the MacOS app (on two different Macs running high sierra) or by the Spotify App (on MacOS and iOS). 

Unexplicably, the Bose Soundtouch sits adjacent (< 12") to the WiFi router and typically reports only 'FAIR' or 'GOOD' signal. 

Have tried assigning a static IP through the router - to no avail. Regardless of whetner the IP is static or dynamic (and regardless of lease time which has been set between 1 hr and 1 month to test varying scenarios) the device simply 'disappears' from being 'found' by apps or even http, every day or so. 

Sometimes the SoundTouch can be found by one app on one iOS device while simultaneously not by another app on another device (Mac or iOS). 

Factory reset. No difference. Drop and re-add to Bose account. No difference. 

Would love to roll back to the firmware I was running in December. It was remarkably stable then (for a few months). For the first time in several years of ownership. 

Have the need for 2-3 more devices in my home but any future purchases aren't likely to be in the Bose SoundTouch family. This long pattern of instability - without acknowledgement by Bose despite myriad customer complaints - is wholly unacceptable. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

Hello   - I sent up the files from my Soundtouch 20, and have'nt heard back. If you dont have them let me know.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello mikel84201,

I still have not received your logs via the request I sent to your email. I will private message you for more information on this.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

Hello - I have not seen an email on thi . I did place the files in the drop box but yes you can reach me at the email Mikel...... I got a confirmation that the files uploaded, I just up loaded 4 files again with my email.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello mikel84201,

I apologize about the late reply. I have received your logs and escalated this to engineering. If there are any additional details needed, we will reach out to you.

Kind Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi @mikel84201,

You should be getting prompted for a software update today. Can you test this and see if it makes any difference?

Kind Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

I never saw anything?

@Joel_D wrote:

Hi @mikel84201,

You should be getting prompted for a software update today. Can you test this and see if it makes any difference?

Kind Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 1, 2018

I hear you, with all the complaints about this problem on this site I fail to understand why Bose has not come up with a fix.  The original app that was available when I first got my speakers (4 of them) about a year ago worked famously.  Since then the wifi problems with the speakers have gotten worse with each new app update; and you cannot refuse the update.  This is a problem created by Bose and they need to fix it.  I will go on record as saying I will never buy another Bose product until they do fix it.  I own four SoundTouch 10 speakers, a SoundTouch 300 soundbar with woofer and two sattelite speakers, and two Bose bluetooth speakers, as well as the orignal Cinemate 1SR soundbar.  I also have purchased several other Bose sound systems and speakers in the past.  Needless to say I am a big Bose consumer.  But this problem and the failure/refusal to produce a fix has left a bad taste in my mouth.  Did I mention I'm not a happy customer?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi @mikel84201,

Has anything changed since the recent software update?

Kind Regards,

Joel