Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

Soundtouch 10 requires reboot to connect to WiFi

I need to constantly go through the rebooting process to see the presets either on my laptop (Win 10) or my Apple IPhone, same to see my music library. It does not even recognize the speaker when connecting through my Laptops USB port, "indicates speaker not found" that also requires a reboot.

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 10 requires reboot to connect to WiFi

Hello mikel84201,

I am sorry to hear you are running into this issue. When you run into this issue, did you notice what color the WiFi LED is? What is your make and model of your router? When was this working last for you without issue? Once you do get it working again, can you open the SoundTouch app, go to "Settings", "About" and click/tap on the system and let me know what it says for signal strength?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

Thanks for getting back to me. It is a Soundtouch 20 (jnot sountouch 10)  WiFi Model 35589, The router is a Actiontec MI424-WR Rev E.  This has been an issue since it was purchased a few years back. I can set it up with the presets, play from my laptop music but the next day I am unable to do any of that but the presets are unaffected. I need to go to a complete reboot process to see the music on my lap top or change the presets. The WiFi LED is currently white with everything working, I dont recall it changing when I lose access.  I don't see signal strength under settings, I checked in speaker settings?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi mikel84201, 

Thank you for responding. Typically you would see the signal strength once you click "About" (in settings), and then select your system. Speaker settings would only populate with the Speaker Name, language, Bluetooth, and Internet Radio Locale. If the signal strength is less than ideal, THIS article has steps that can help. Please let us know. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

iI do not see anything when I go to settings and "about", I see the soundtouch 20 but can't do anything. I see my router on both my laptop and my I-Phone but cant connect or add the Soundtouch 20. I will try moving the sountouch closer to the router but I dont understand why I can only see it after i go through t a complete reboot, if the soundtouch sees the router after a reboot it should be withing range.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2017

I too have this problem. I have a Soundtouch 20 and 7 Soundtouch 10's. They all disconnect randomly every single day and I have to go through the full reboot and reconnection process - I now remember my overly complex WIFI password off-by-heart because I have literally had to re-enter it hundreds of times because of Bose. Have had to do this for the last 6 months continually, I have been tracking similar user issues on here, there is a thread that has now been archived even though it was still active only a few days ago - it seems, having read through it, that the Bose moderators are deliberately trying to shut the problem down. 

The thread started in January 2016 with pages and pages of users having problems with their WIFI connectivity. It seems Bose want to bury this problem. I have a system that simply will not work form one day to the next. The 10's are continually dropping from the wifi and they then cannot be found by the Sountouch APP even if the App has just found them and is playing music through them only seconds before. 

In all, I've spent about £1500 on all the speakers having been a Bose customer of old, and these are practically useless. Every single day when I want to listen to something I have to do some kind of repair activity, EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!

Nothing else in my house has a problem with WIFI - ever??

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

I moved the Soundtouch 20 within a few feet of the router and it still did not see the network, it could not see the speaker when I used the USB port to re-add the speaker. I needed to reboot my rounter then add the speaker to get it to work. I looked at the settings and it indicates RSSI signal strenth as poor both right next the the router and from a more remote location. I do not have any issues with my laptop or I-Phone as signal strength, just the soundtouch 20.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

I'm having the same issue.   These speakers sound great but the app and functionality are horrible.   Wish i would have bought the Sonos system

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

Thank you all for posting. There is a DHCP bug that we are aware of at the moment. This can cause intermittent audio or the system unable to play any music sources until the system or router is rebooted. Some things that have helped other users is to lengthen the DHCP lease time or set a static IP for the SoundTouch systems. Once engineering lets us know more information when a fix will be deployed, we will let the community know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

I didn't realize this issue has been going on for years, if they dont have a solution now I am not optimistic. I never paid much attention when I initially had the problem since I could still set up my system but it is a continuing annoyance. If its a software issue why cant they suggest some fixes.