Brooks1018
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Soundtouch 10 speaker unresponsive

Installed new router and tried to repoint speakers by 'adding speaker's process. One of a stereo pair worked, the other would not respond to process of holding "2" & "vol down" buttons simultaneously, all 4 lights on (steady white).
Tried rebooting, still unresponsive, lights on.
Tried factory setting reset, still unresponsive lights on.
Don't know what else to try.
3 REPLIES 3
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Soundtouch 10 speaker unresponsive

Hi Brooks1018,

Curiously when you were performing the factory default process, how long did you press and hold the number 1 and volume minus for? The LED's should all light up for around 10 seconds, then after that the LED's should begin to blink. Did you press and hold those buttons for more than 10 seconds?

Also, have you tried to let the system sit without power for a full two minutes, then re-try?

If you have already attempted the above two steps, is the system fully up to date? You can re-load the firmware on the system by performing the instructions linked below:

Performing a Manual Firmware Update

Let us know how that goes and we can take it from there! Thanks!

gtdietz
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 12, 2017

I can confirm that at least stepping thorugh this process recovered my speaker.  An update had failed and locked up the speaker such that only the Bluetooth and SoundTouch LEDs were lit, using remote or buttons did not alter speaker condition.  I had tried repeatedly removing power (and USB connection) for extended periods, tried pressing 1 and volume buttons while plugged in with no change. Finally after reading this post decided to unplug everything, wait for at least 2 minutes and carefully press and hold the 1 and volume down as I was plugging the speaker in...voila, some sort of hard reset and all is working as it should.  Thank you

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi gtdietz,

Thanks for the response, and glad to hear that everything is working for you!

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon