Highlighted
andyhowells
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2017

Soundtouch 10 speakers connection via Bluetooth to Samsung Galaxy S8

I have recently changed my phone to the Galaxy S8 from the Galaxy S6. Now I am unable to get any music played from the phone to my Bose Soundtouch 10 speakers (I have a pair in different rooms). I can see them as bluetooth devices on my phone and I can connect to them and get the message 'connected for media audio' but no sound comes from the speakers when music is played from the phone. No tone is produced on the speakers though, which seems to indicate that the speakers are not actually establishing a connection. Phone connects and plays to Bose headphones. Speakers connect and play to other bluetooth devices.

I have tried to unpair the devices, recylced power on both, re-connected but still no sound is produced.I have cleared device lists on both phone and speakers. I have cleared bluetooth cache and data on phone.

I have made sure that all apps and firmware is up to date on both speakers and phone :

Soundtouch - Speaker software version 19.0.5

Soundtouch App Version 18.1.5

Samsung Galaxy S8 Android Version 8.0.0

Is there an issue with the speakers and Bluetooth 5.0 which is used by the Galaxy S8?

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: Soundtouch 10 speakers connection via Bluetooth to Samsung Galaxy S8

Hello andyhowells

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the issues, and we currently have this issue under investigation with our development teams.  I would recommend following THIS post for any future updates regarding this issue at the moment.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support