Highlighted
TheShirlz
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

Soundtouch 10 turns itself on

After the latest updates of the software and the app, why does my soundtouch 10 turn itself on at 03:17 every morning??
It plays the same song every time.
Its getting like Groundhog Day now!!!!
61 REPLIES 61
DR29
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 10 turns itself on

Also having exactly same problem since update... BOSE????
TheShirlz
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

After performing a factory reset on the speaker, it unpaired from all my iOS devices, I then reconnected my iPad. That night at the usual time, I notciced the speaker trying to connect to something as the light had started flashing. Fortunately it didn't connect to anything and stayed quiet. It's been good since, but I've not reconnected any of my other devices as yet.

Hi TheShirlz,

Many apologies that you have been experiencing this. From what you’ve posted it almost sounds like the system is trying to connect via Bluetooth to one of your devices.  Did you do the factory default by pressing the 1 and volume – buttons on the top of the system? Can you try to reboot your iOS devices to see if that helps? When you say it tried to connect to something, did the Bluetooth light start flashing?

@DR29 - Can you give us some more details about your issue? Which system do you have? Does it turn on precisely at 3:17am as well? Does the system seem like it’s trying to pair to a Bluetooth device? Can you try a factory default as well to see if that helps? The steps are listed HERE.

Thank you

TheShirlz
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

Yeah, I did the the factory reset by pressing 1 and volume - .Also rebboted my ios devices.
the light which was flashing was not the bluetooth, it was the WiFi indicator light.
Just as a side note, when it did start playing music, I checked the app and that said the speaker was off!!
TheShirlz
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

After a few days of everything being ok, its started again... Last night at the same time, both my 10 and 20 started playing music (s different song from last time)
when i got up to turn the 10 off, the wifi indicator light was dim (standby mode) I pressed the power button once, the wifi indicator light brightened up and the bluetooth indicator light started flashing. I had to press the power button again to turn the speaker off.
The soundtouch 20, which was upstairs in my living room was on, I went into the app on my ipad to turn it off, according to the app, the speaker was off, I had to hit the power button to 'turn it on' in the app before I could turn it off..
martin____x
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

I'm seeing this problem too.  At 6am my wifi is timed to come back on and at that time some of the bose speakers start playing the last song they were playing when switched off.  Reproduce by turning off (via the app?) and then turning off the wifi transmitter and later turing back on.  I expect a sppedy fix via a software update or a product recall.
martin____x
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

More info:  The music played is from a NAS drive not bluetooth as with other case on this forum.  i.e. it appears to play the last thing that it was playing before power off.  I reset two of the speakers within the last week but 3 were playing this morning at 6am so resetting doesn't appear to be a fix.
Martin____x
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

Bose support.  Any response to the further reports below?

Martin____x
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016