Golem
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

Soundtouch 10 use with aux jack only

Hello,

We've bought a SoundTouch 10 and want to useit with the auxiliray jack only, with a digital radio which (we're using as an alarm clock as well) for example. After turning the unit in aux mode after 20 minutes or so it switches to bluetooh mode by itself, even of there is no bluetooth device paired with the SoundTouch.

Can anybody let me know if there is a method to keep the SoundTouch on in aux input mode permanently?

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 10 use with aux jack only

Hi Golem,

Thanks for your message and sorry to hear about this issue.

If there is no audio playing and there has been no interaction with the system by the user, the system will turn off automatically after 20 minutes. However, this does not seem to be the cause of the issue, since audio is of course playing via AUXand the system is switching to Bluetooth, rather than switching itself off...

In this respect, there are a few things we can try:

1. Resetting the ST10

- Turn off the ST10
- Unplug the product's power cord from the power outlet for 30 seconds
- Reconnect the power cord. A "beep-boop" uptone should sound within 10 seconds indicating the system is receiving power
- Retest the system

2. Deleting the Bluetooth list in the ST10 (to be sure nobody else nearby is able to connect automatically)

- Turn the ST10 on
- Press and hold the Bluetooth|AUX button for about 10 seconds
- The system will emit a 'bee-boop' tone, indicating that the stored pairing list has been cleared. The button can then be released
- If you have ever used Bluetooth at home, please also remove the Bose system from the device's paired device list memory

3. Checking the software of the ST10 is up to date

- This is done most easily via SoundTouch (WiFi). If you don't use the ST10 with WiFi Internet, then let me know so that I can provide alternate instructions as to checking for/performing a system update.

If you have tried all the above steps and the issue is still present, let us know so we can investigate further.

Best regards

Ben

Mehr fühlen, mehr erleben.
Neu in der Community? In unseren Community-Richtlinien findest Du hilfreiche Tipps für den Einstieg.
Highlighted
Golem
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

Thank you for teh reply Ben,

Actually, the answer is in your first sentence.

Is there any way of switching the auto power off mode off?

All I need is a good amplifier and a good speaker to connect to my digital alarm clock via aux input, and it needs to be on continuously, nothing else.

Thank you,

Victor

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Victor,

At this time there is no way to toggle the auto-off setting.  I'll send your recommendation to the engineering team to see if it can be implemented.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
skippy1222
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

I have been searching discussion boards for how to turn off auto-off with aux and have found posts as far back as the middle of 2016 where you are "submitting this to your development team."  At this point, it has been more than a year.  Automated home devices like echo and google home are becoming ubiquitous.  When is bose going to give us the right to turn off this feature for ourselves.  We're all adults now, we can make that decision.  Thanks.