Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidgray357
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Soundtouch 10 wifi

My soundtouch 10 will not connect  to wifi. Keeps kicking out home network and setting up it's own speaker network. I am so frustrated and spent hours trying to sort this. What a waste of time. HELP PLEASE!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Soundtouch 10 wifi

Author Accepted Answer selected by davidgray357

Thanks for confirming, David. 

As the issue is persisting, please reach out to local support in your region to discuss your options for service here.

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Sam_F

Hi davidgray357,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some difficulties connecting your SoundTouch 10 system to WiFi. Is this your first time setting it up?

As part of the setup, you will need to connect to the speaker's own Bose WiFi network, so the SoundTouch app can recognize it and connect it. The setup usually goes as follows:

1) Put the system into setup mode by holding the Vol- and 2 buttons until the WiFi LED on the speaker glows amber.

2) Open the SoundTouch app > Add new speaker > follow the instructions up to Bose WiFi Network

3) Go to your device WiFi settings > then connect to the Bose WiFi Network.

4) Go back to the app, hit the 'Continue' button > then the app will ask you to select your Home WiFi network for the speaker to be connected to.

5) Follow the app for the remainder of the setup.

Give those steps a try and let me know if you have any joy getting it connected to WiFi!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
davidgray357
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Hi. Have had the speakers a year and keep trying to sort this but keep getting the same problem. Only reason I haven't thrown the the things out is I can't afford to replace with a new brand. The directions you've given are no different to the instructions in the app. I start the set up process. As soon as it asks to connect to wifi it has the bose network which knocks out my home network, which then never comes back.I end up having to disconnect the speaker as it seems to keep over riding home network forever and the app then keeps telling me the speakers can't connect to wifi and my tablet has no wifi connection. I have £300 worth of speakers that are useless and there seems to be nothing zi can do about it.

Sam_F

Thank you for letting me know what you're experiencing, @davidgray357.

During the setup process, your device being used for setup will prioritize the Bose WiFi network once selected. Your home network will likely still be available but you'll have to manually re-connect to it further down the line.

What happens when you select the Bose WiFi after the app tells you to? Do you have the option to 'continue', or does the app not recognized you are connected to the Bose WiFi?

There is an alternate method that may be more suitable for you, which is the following:

1) Connect your device to the Bose WiFi Network

2) Open a web browser, then type 192.168.1.1 into the address field

3) Follow the instructions on the setup page.

4) Once you've connected the speaker to your home WiFi, close browser, and open SoundTouch app.

5) In the app, Add speaker > Speaker Already Connected to Network > Your speaker will be found to complete the setup.

Let me know how things go and whether you're able to connect your system back to WiFi in the app.

davidgray357
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

When setting up I dont get the  option to select the Bose wi fi. It does it automatically and then everything stops because nothing can find wifi .I've tried the alternative method and I cant connect to that address. Either on the device stuck on the bose network or on my home network. Every time I do anything it connects automatically to the bose wi fi and then nothing works  I have to close everything down and reconnect my device back to home wifi. Its absolutely ridiculous and I have completely lost patience with it  Not what I bought the Bose brand for.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Thanks for the update davidgray357!

The IP address in the alternate method will only bring up the page we are after when you are connected to the Bose Wi-Fi network, if you are connected to your home network then it won't bring up the correct page.

What device have you been using while trying to set up the speaker? Have you been using a phone, tablet, or computer?

As there seems to be some trouble using the Bose Wi-Fi network to set up the speaker, I would recommend using the app on a Mac or Windows computer to get the speaker set up. When connecting with the app on a computer, it will give the setup information to the speaker over a USB to Micro USB cable rather than wirelessly. The app for the computer can be found HERE.

Let me know how this goes!

davidgray357
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Don't currently have access to a pc. Have spent the morning reloadng app and rebooting speakers using both Samsung phone and tablet  Absolute waste of time. Every time I lose wifi connection and then it never comes back. Have to un plug speakers to get wifi back onto phone/tablet. 

Two unused speakers sat doing nothing. I am truly disgusted with Bose. Thought better of the brand 

Jessie_O

I can understand that. It definitely doesn't sound right. 

Were you able to connect to the IP address when connected to the Bose network as instructed above? I would recommend force closing the app, going into the Wifi settings and connecting to the Bose network. Then type in the IP address in the web browser and follow the on-screen instructions (once complete, it will drop the Bose network). Then connect to your home network and open the app to add the speaker using 'Speaker already connected to network'. 

Let us know. 

davidgray357
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

I've left it a few days as this ridiculous situation is driving me up the wall.

Ive come back to it today and as you've suggested closed the app, joined the bose network and tried the address.

I was completely unsurprised to get a message that it cant connect as no internet!

I am now annoyed and frustrated. Another evening completely pissed off.

All I want to do is listen to a bit of music. This is absolutely ridiculous!

Jeff_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by davidgray357

Thanks for confirming, David. 

As the issue is persisting, please reach out to local support in your region to discuss your options for service here.

Thanks.

View solution in original post