Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2017

Soundtouch 10 will not connect via Bluetooth to Laptop

I am having a problem with my new Soundtouch 10 speakers connecting to bluetooth on my laptop. I searched and ran across numerous threads and have tried updating software and releasing pairings, etc, but it still doesnt work. It is discoverable and every time I try to connect, it asks me for the pin, which I assume is the default of '0000', and after a few moments I get the error message "We didn't get any response from the device, please connecting again". 

I have tried numerous times as a stand alone BT connection to no avail and I have also installed the Soundtouch App on my laptop, and have connected the speaker through my home WiFi network and it works fine inside the app. I have also installed the app on my iPad and it works fine through that as well. I have also connected to Bluetooth from two different iPhones and it works fine that way as well, so it seems like the only issue is with my Laptop which is only a few months old. (it also plays fine through the laptop using the aux cable). The end goal, is to use this speaker as a computer speaker.

Windows 10, version 1703

Speaker software version : 15.0.20

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 10 will not connect via Bluetooth to Laptop

Hello rattlsnak,

Thanks for your inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the Bluetooth issue you are experiencing. I'd be happy to assist.

Since the SoundTouch 10 seems to connect to other devices (the iPhones) via Bluetooth without any issues, I'd have to agree that the issue is likely stemming from the laptop. 

Have you tried restarting the laptop? Although a simple step, sometimes this does resolve quirky Bluetooth issues like this. 

Have you tried connecting any other Bluetooth devices, such as headphones or other speakers? It may be worth testing to see if anything else can connect via Bluetooth. 

I'd also recommend checking with your computer manufacturer to see if all Bluetooth drivers are up to date. Also, you may want to make sure your computer supports the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) or Bluetooth Stereo Profile. Either are required for your SoundTouch 10 to produce audio via Bluetooth. 

It sounds like you've gone through the correct steps to pair and connect the speaker, but I will share the steps here for your reference if you'd like to confirm these are the steps you've followed:

Pairing a Bluetooth enabled media device:

• Make the Bose system discoverable:
    • Turn the Bose system on
    • Press the Bluetooth|AUX button on the system or remote until the system display shows the Bluetooth icon:
    • While on the Bluetooth input, press and briefly hold (for about 2 seconds) the Bluetooth|AUX button to make the system discoverable. The system's Bluetooth icon will slowly flash blue while discoverable
  • Select the Bose system with the Bluetooth device
    • Place the Bluetooth device to be paired close to the system
    • Enable Bluetooth in the device's settings
    • In the device's Bluetooth settings, select "Add a new device" or "Search for devices" and wait for the device to search
    • From the list of discovered devices that appear on the device, select "Bose SoundTouch"
    • If the device requests a password/PIN, enter "0000"
  • Once successfully paired, the Bluetooth icon on the Bose system will be lit solid and a chirping tone will emit from the system's speakers

To pair a Bluetooth device via the SoundTouch app:

• Make the Bose system discoverable:
    • In the SoundTouch app, choose the menu icon in the upper left
    • Choose "Settings" > "Speaker Settings" and select the system to be paired from the list of systems on the network
    • From the system details screen, choose "Bluetooth"
    • Choose "Pair new device" to make the system discoverable
    • A "Ready to Pair" message briefly displays at the top of the app to confirm (and, for systems with displays, the message appears on the system display)
  • Repeat the 'Select the Bose system with the Bluetooth device' steps above

Let us know if any of these steps help!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2017

Thanks for the reply. I have restarted the laptop several times and the intel bluetooth driver is currently running the newest driver and it will connect via bluetooth to any other device I have. (iPhones, other brand external speaker, etc.). The laptop with discover the speaker but the speaker just wont connect. I have read many threads about other people with windows 10 having this issue so it sounds like more of a software compatibility on the ST speaker side that needs updating. If you have no other things to try, I assume you guys are aware of this issue  byu now and might be coming out with a software update/patch soon?

Thanks..

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi rattlsnak,

What brand laptop do you have?  The reason I'm wondering is because I have an ASUS gaming laptop with Windows 10, and I can connect my ST10 (along with other devices) without issue.  I've heard from customers that there have been some issues connecting via BT to Dell laptops.

Have you tried clearing the pairing list on the ST10?  Do that by going into Settings>Speaker Settings>[your system].  

Aside from this, there aren't any other steps I can think of.  I'll submit a ticket and escalate, but I'll need information about the laptop and the Bluetooth chip and driver.  If you don't know how to find that info let me know and I can get instructions.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2017

I have a brand new HP Envy, Windows 10, Intel Bluetooth Driver -19.60.0.3, Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator Driver - 10.0.15063.502. I have checked them both and they are running the most updated drivers. I can connect to any other BT device I have. It never shows up on the paired list to clear out as it never gets that far.

Marc