Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2018

Soundtouch 10 will not play my windows 10 audio

I have linked my Soundtouch 10 through bluetooth to my computer, my computer says "Connected" to my speaker. However the bluetooth LED continues to flash as if it is not connected. I cannot get the audio from my PC to play through my speaker.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 10 will not play my windows 10 audio

Hi there brycemarine10,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

Once you have the speaker connected to the W10 PC via bluetooth, can you go to the audio settings of your PC and select the audio output device?  The easiest way to do this is to right click on the speaker icon in the lower right corner of your desktop and select "Playback devices"  Once there, select the SoundTouch 10 speaker from the list and click on the "Set Default" button.  Are you able to select the Bose system?

Let us know so we can get this working for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2018

My speaker is paired, but it will not connect with my PC. I was able to get it to work for anout 2 hours one day. Now it just will not connect to my computer via bluetooth. Also my phone has absolutely zero problrms connecting through bluetooth, and my computer has zero problems connecting to other speakers through bluetooth.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again brycemarine10,

Thanks for the updated info.  Can we remove the speaker from the Win10 BT list, clear the pairing list on the ST10, then reconnect the two devices?  Does this re-establish the connection?

Does the computer have internal Bluetooth, or an external Bluetooth adapter that you plug into a USB port?

Best,

Brandon