BrianW
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

Soundtouch 10 will not stay connected to my BT extender

My Soundtouch 10 speakers will not stay connected  to my Bt1200 extender. They connect perfectly to the strong signal from the extender then after a few hours they revert to the weaker signal from the router. The extender is within the same room.

Any ideas please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Soundtouch 10 will not stay connected to my BT extender

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hello BrianW,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your SoundTouch 10. As the speaker remembers past wifi connections, it could be that there is a loss of connection from the extender meaning the speaker is connecting to the main router instead. To avoid this happening I would recommend resetting the speaker to factory settings, then reconnect to the wifi extender only. 

To factory reset the speaker:

1. Press Power to turn on the system
  2. Press and hold the system's 1 and Volume – buttons for 10 seconds: All front LEDs glow solid after 1 second; after 10 seconds, all front LEDs blink white
  3. ​When the front LEDs blink white, release the buttons to reboot the system. The LEDs light from left to right several times during reboot
  4. When the Wi-Fi LED glows solid amber, launch the SoundTouch app on your computer or mobile device and add the system to your network
  5. Press Power to turn on the system

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hello BrianW,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your SoundTouch 10. As the speaker remembers past wifi connections, it could be that there is a loss of connection from the extender meaning the speaker is connecting to the main router instead. To avoid this happening I would recommend resetting the speaker to factory settings, then reconnect to the wifi extender only. 

To factory reset the speaker:

1. Press Power to turn on the system
  2. Press and hold the system's 1 and Volume – buttons for 10 seconds: All front LEDs glow solid after 1 second; after 10 seconds, all front LEDs blink white
  3. ​When the front LEDs blink white, release the buttons to reboot the system. The LEDs light from left to right several times during reboot
  4. When the Wi-Fi LED glows solid amber, launch the SoundTouch app on your computer or mobile device and add the system to your network
  5. Press Power to turn on the system

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

View solution in original post

BrianW
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

Hello Zoe C

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I have done the factory reset as you suggested.

I will let you know if this has worked in the near future.

Regards Brian

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello BrianW,

Thanks for letting me know, I really do hope this helps you.

Let me know either way, have a lovely day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

BrianW
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

Hello Zoe

Just a quick update. Your solution to my problem seems to have worked perfectly.

Many Thanks

Brian

Vicky_W

Hello BrianW, 

Thanks for reaching back out and updating us. 

I am so happy that this worked, please can you mark Zoe's answer as the accepted solution to help other users? 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need help in the future. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
cfv
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

Do i need to do this process each time the ST 20 or ST 10 drops out? Over the past two weeks each device has dropped out 2-3 times necessitating a reset or re-adding the device through the app.

Is resetting and adding a device 2-3 times every two weeks is an acceptable solution? NW etc all good as per other troubleshooting advice on this issue.