Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 27, 2015

Soundtouch 10 with a turnatable

Hi, I hope you can help. I'm thinking of purchasing 2 soundtouch 10 speakers. One for the living room and one for the bedroom. The speaker in the living room will be connected to a turntable for listening to records. If I have a record playing in the living room, will it be possible to listen to the music through the speaker in the bedroom. Or will the turntable only work through the speaker it is plugged in to? Thanks very much. Chris
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Re: Soundtouch 10 with a turnatable

Any device connected to the AUX input of a SoundTouch system will only play through that system. Thanks!
Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 4, 2015

Chris (and Jason), 
I am baffled by why Bose will not allow the rebroadcasting of the Aux input which seems like a trivial feature for a multi-zone system to have in this day and age and to bypass this limitation installed the following bluetooth transmitter.  
Basically hooked it to a turntable as input and paired it with a Soundtouch 10 where it is set to Tx (Transmitter) mode.  This way the audio gets converted from the turntable output wire to bluetooth signal.  Soundtouch 10 then rebroadcasts the signal to others.
Way imperfect considering you take a good analog signal and chop it up into Bluetooth but for ~$50 it does thejob
Note that I tried a couple BT transmitters and this was the only one that successfully paired to the soundtouch. You might find others at a better price point.
Hope this helps.
http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Home-RTX-Bluetooth-Transmitter/dp/B00713RSE0/ref=sr_1_1?s=mp3&ie=UTF8&qid=1443724474&sr=1-1&keywords=Miccus+Home+RTX

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2016

Hi Smurf,
I realize this post is almost a year old, but hoping you might see it. I bought the same Miccus BT Transmitter earlier this week and have had no luck pairing to my SoundTouch 10. Did you have to do anything special to get the two to pair together? Any assistance would be appreciated; I've had both Bose and Miccus Customer Service trying to help me. 🙂
Thank you!