TrendyWendy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

Soundtouch 10 won't play music from my iPhone

Yes, I have updated the software on the Soundtouch 10

Yes, the iPhone says I the speaker is connected

When I play an iTunes song on my phone I cannot get any sound, no matter what I do, to come out of the Soundtouch 10

Question: In order to get this to work should Wifi light on the speaker be gold or  white or off?

Should the wifi light be on or off?

Should the Aux light be on or off?

Should the 4th light be on or off?

Are there settings on my phone that should be on or off.

All i want is to have a song on iTunes on my iPhone 6s play on the Soundtouch 10 speaker.  I've now been at this for 90 minutes.

Wendy's Husband

3 REPLIES 3
TrendyWendy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 10 won't play music from my iPhone

I am writing to see if the automatic reply notifies me.

Wendy's Husband

Princeau99
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 16, 2017

I believe to get this to work you must use bluetooth. The Apple airplay is not available yet.

Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Prince is right.  There are three ways to play music to the Soundtouch.

BT - Playing direct from your mobile device (Phone, Tablet, Computer).  The drawback of this way is that your device has to stay within range, but it means you can play sources that are not directly supported by SoundTouch (ie youtube/apple music).  THe BT light will only be on if BT is activated.

AUX - As above but connected by cable.  The AUX light will only be on if AUX is activated

Wi-Fi - playing sources through the SoundTouch app or via presets set in the SoundTOuch app (Spotify/Internet radio/media library stored on Computer of NAS.

I Beleive the Wifi light will be white whenever it is connected (even if playing from BT or AUX.  The 4th light is the SoundTouch icon and will be on when SoundTouch is conneceted