Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmiller924
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Soundtouch 10

I have two Soundtouch 10 speakers.  One of them I had to send in to Bose for an upgrade to support Air Play (which Bose did at no cost, thank you!).  It works great.  The other one did not need the upgrade to support Air Play, however it frequently loses network connectivity, and the only solution I have found is to unplug it and plug it back in again.  It is possible this speaker needs the same upgrade Bose applied to my other speaker?  Or is there something else I should try? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mmiller924
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Re: Soundtouch 10

Author Accepted Answer selected by mmiller924

I believe it is on the latest firmware version, but I will attempt to install it again manually.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tegan_M

Hi mmiller924,

Thanks for reaching out!

I can confirm your SoundTouch 10 will not require the same repairs as your first SoundTouch 10. This will be because the speaker in repair physically cannot connect to Airplay without this feature being added to your speaker. 

With your SoundTouch 10, does the connectivity issues only apply with Airplay? Or is it all WiFi connectivity in the SoundTouch app also?

Do let us know 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
mmiller924
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

It works fine with Air Play.  The Soundtouch app simply cannot find this speaker through Wifi.  Once I unplug it and plug it back in it finds it okay and works fine until the next time.  The app finds the other Soundtouch speaker (the upgraded one) with no problems as well as my Soundtouch 300 Soundbar.  The app also has issues connecting to my Wireless Link Adapter, however I don't use that as often as I do the Soundtouch speakers.

Tegan_M

No problem, let's take a further look into this. 

Have you ensured that your SoundTouch 10 is up to date with the latest firmware? You can find instructions on how to proceed with a manual update here. 

If this persists, you can also find some great troubleshooting HERE. 

Let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
mmiller924
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by mmiller924

I believe it is on the latest firmware version, but I will attempt to install it again manually.

View solution in original post