wvynck
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2014

Soundtouch 120 - Apple TV 4k problem - Cinema System

Hi

I have a SoundTouch 120 with a Apple TV4 connected to it and all works fine. Now i upgraded my Apple TV4 to a Apple TV 4k and i don't have a picture on the TV anymore. Anything stay's the same .. connections, cables ...

When i connect the Apple TV 4k to my (Sony 4k) TV everythings works fine.

I think we need (urgent) a Bose update to get the Apple TV 4k working on the Bose Cinema systems because there are a lot op people having the same problem?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MykelNeiD
Leader
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 120 - Apple TV 4k problem - Cinema System

Kindly see this older post:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/SoundTouch-120-4K-60fps-compatible/td-p/17174

Seems like a connection via direct in to the soundbar will not work due to incompatibility regarding the Apple TV 4k being HDCP 2.2 and the Soundbar HDCP 2.1.

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi wvynck,

MykelNeiD is correct.  The SoundTouch 120 is 4K compatible, but at the time of development 4K 60FPS was not available.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best,

Brandon

wvynck
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2014

Ok, thanks.

I connected the Apple TV4k to the TV and use the HDMI ARC connection of my Sony Bravia 4k television to send the sound to my Bose SoundTouch 120

This works ok for me. Now i have full use of the 4k display and the sound on my Bose.

Take some time to find a sollutions and this is the only one (or use of digital audio cable)