Xoom
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Soundtouch 120 constantly losing connection

My Soundtouch 120 constantly loses connection to the WIFI.  It will run for 2-3 hours then the system will lose connection and the light on the back begins blinnking.  I have to then set-up the wifi connection through the reconnection process.  My system is ~30 feet from the router with no obstruction.  I have moved the 'reciever' module around without success.  I am running the latest firmware upate; 14.0.33.  Is anyone else having this issue? 

I have a ST 20 and ST adapter further from the router that continue to run without issue.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundtouch 120 constantly losing connection

Hi Xoom, 

Is there possibly something nearby that also works on 2.4 GHz (Wi-Fi) that could be causing interference? Do you have a dual band router that broadcasts both a 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz network? Can you try to either unplug the potential source(s) of interference or try to connect the adapter to your router's 5 GHz network to see if it helps prevent the disconnects? 

Thank you 

Xoom
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

There is nothing that is in the area permenantly, but we do use the 2.4 for phones and tablets.  We have no home phone or other device.  The device will loose connection while off/standby modes as well.  I have connnected to both the 5 and 2.4 networks without improvement over the past weeks.    

Highlighted
Xoom
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

After a great deal of time with tech support and the community, I returned the device.  I exchanged for a new one.  Problems solved.

While the quality of the Bose devices remains high, the software and wireless connectivity robustness, quality assurance and customer focus really needs emphasis and attention. Don't fall aslepp at the wheel - take too long and let the others pass you by in a segment you created; i.e. Sonos, Yamaha, Denos, Samsung, etc.