Xoom
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Soundtouch 120 intermittent connection failure to subwoofer

My Soundtouch 120 intermittently loses connection to the subwoofer that came with it.  It will run for for days, then begin to cut-in and out as music or TV is playing.  The soundbar continues to play without issue.  I have moved the subwoofer around to ensure no obstructions without success.  It is always within 10 feet of the module.   I can unplug the subwoofer, wait a few minutes, then plug it back in with success.  Does anyone else haveg these issues with a more permenant solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xoom
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 120 intermittent connection failure to subwoofer

Author Accepted Answer selected by Xoom

After too much time on the phone (multiple times) with the technician, and trying everything from the community, I returned to the store and exchanged the device for a new one.  The new device is working without issue.  Not the quality, ease of working or customer focus I have come to expect from Bose.  

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Xoom, 

Do you have any devices nearby that communicate wirelessly? If so, can we either disable their wireless communication or temporarily unplug them to see if this is caused by interference? What is the make and model of your router? Do you know if if has a "Chanel Bonding" or "40MHz mode" in its settings? The "channel bonding" mode available on 802.11n wireless routers allows for the use of more bandwidth than Bose system is able to filter out. Turning off this mode or selecting the 20Mhz mode will allow the system to work around the Wi-Fi channel in use by the router. Can you try to unplug the system from power for 30 seconds and see if that helps? If everything fails in resolving this issue, please contact us HERE

Thank you 

Xoom
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Thanks for the reply.

I do not have the Channel Bonding set on for my router. 

Unplugging the router does prevent the device from working as this is the input for the device most of the time. I have switched from soundtouch to tv when this occurs and the input change does not stabilize the connection.  

I will point out, that even standing between the subwoofer and the base will cause the cut-out to occur.  This is regardless of the distance between the two.

Highlighted
rocketman239
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

I hope that you get a workable answer. I have the same problem.

Xoom
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Xoom

After too much time on the phone (multiple times) with the technician, and trying everything from the community, I returned to the store and exchanged the device for a new one.  The new device is working without issue.  Not the quality, ease of working or customer focus I have come to expect from Bose.  

Davey1975
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 20, 2017

I had the same problem for months. Then I realized my router was directly between the sub and the central unit. I moved the router so that it wasn't between the two Bose components and it now works perfectly. I hope that helps.