Soundtouch 130 AdaptIQ Wont calibrate unless I'm really close to the soundbar

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Soundtouch 130 AdaptIQ Wont calibrate unless I'm really close to the soundbar

Hi, I've tried several times to calibrate the AdaptIQ but when I am more then 3 feet from the soundbar I get error code 1. The system plays the setup tones and will take a reading if I am close to the soundbar. Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundtouch 130 AdaptIQ Wont calibrate unless I'm really close to the soundbar

Hi WillieW73,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Bose Community!

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems calibrating your system through AdaptiQ. 

Error Code 1 generally means that the microphone did not detect any sound from the speakers or bass module.

When calibrating with AdaptiQ it requires the elimination of all external noise for proper processing. 

As you have already tried to re-run the AdaptiQ process more than once, I would suggest you restore the system to its factory defaults and restart the setup process. To do this, follow these steps:

1. On the remote control, press the System button
  2. Press the down arrow to navigate to 16 FACTORY RESET
  3. Press to confirm
  4. Press EXIT to exit the menu

Give this a try and get back to me with the outcome. If the issue persists, I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G

Silent Starter

Re: Soundtouch 130 AdaptIQ Wont calibrate unless I'm really close to the soundbar

@Charlotte_G wrote:

Hi WillieW73,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Bose Community!

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems calibrating your system through AdaptiQ. 

Error Code 1 generally means that the microphone did not detect any sound from the speakers or bass module.

When calibrating with AdaptiQ it requires the elimination of all external noise for proper processing. 

As you have already tried to re-run the AdaptiQ process more than once, I would suggest you restore the system to its factory defaults and restart the setup process. To do this, follow these steps:

1. On the remote control, press the System button
  2. Press the down arrow to navigate to 16 FACTORY RESET
  3. Press to confirm
  4. Press EXIT to exit the menu

Give this a try and get back to me with the outcome. If the issue persists, I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G

Ok I reset the system and the same result. I get error 1 when more than 3 feet from the sound bar. 

Hi WillieW73, 

Thanks for updating us on this. I am very sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue. 

We have attempted all troubleshooting methods that we can for this issue here on the forum. I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team here, they will be happy to help you get this resolved. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B