Highlighted
simonclayton
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

Soundtouch 130 not auto connecting

Hi there

I’ve had a soundtouch 130 for 2 years and love it. Works great. Except the sound doesn’t automatically work. Tv turns on (input for TV is “TV” hdmi) as does soundtouch. But the tv sound is only working, not the bose. So I have to click another hdmi slot (e.g “SAT/CAB”) then click back to the original hdmi “TV” and then press volume up/down for the speakers to be active.

It works but just annoying to do. Can someone please help.

Regards
Simon
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Soundtouch 130 not auto connecting

Hi Simon,

Im sorry your having this issue. I have a few steps you could try to resolve the issue:

1. Disconnect power from the TV and the Soundtouch 130. Leave for 60 seconds. Plug both back in. If continues to happen.
  2. Check the televisions settings and look for the [Audio Output Format]. Change this to PCM if you can find it. Its usually under [Sound Settings] > [Advanced/Expert Settings].
  3. If this doesn't work. Try using an optical cable from the TV to the Soundtouch 130 and check whether this issue still occurs.

Let us all know how this goes. I look forward to hearing the results. If you have any questions, please fire away.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C

Highlighted
simonclayton
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

Hi Brandon, I’ve tried points 1 and 2. But I think it could be a bose/Sony compatibility issue? I saw the below thread and this guy is going through something similar.

Basically it takes a while for the speakers to activate (10secs) from the TV to bose. It’s manageable but really annoying.

I’m not sure if it’s a Sony issue or a bose issue or an hdmi arc cable issue?

https://community.bose.com/t5/Home-Theater-Speakers-Archive/Soundtouch-130-and-Sony-TV-unwanted-star...
Highlighted

Hi Simonclayton,

Thanks for coming back to us! 

It does sound similar to the other post. 

Have you always had this issue? Or is it something that started happening after a certain amount of time?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Jessie - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
simonclayton
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

Hi Jessie
It’s always been the case. I’ve updated software on both Sony and bose and hasn’t changed anything. I’ve had it at least 2 years.
Regards
Simon
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

I see. I would like to nail it down to the issues with HDMI Arc, and that it hasn't been standardised across the industry. I however would like to try one thing. I'm not too sure how prominent it is within Sony TV's however, but I would like you to look for a specific setting within your Sound Settings.

So go to your Sound Settings. Look for HDMI Audio Format. If you don't see it, look under advanced/expert settings. If you do find this setting, I would like you to make sure it is set on PCM and not Bitstream. This may be able to improve the delay between the TV and the Soundtouch 130.

Let me know if you can find this. Like I said it might not be there but let us know anyway. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C