Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 14, 2015

Soundtouch 130 with LG UB9800

Hi! I'm having problem with the soundtouch 130 from my tv when I play Netflix. There is no sound. The bose console is connected to my tv by the ARC port. The console is set to tv. My tv is connected to the tv port to the console. My HDMI cable are all high speed. The sound from the tv speaker is disabled. I set all the optical input away from auto/tv. I have set the tv setting according to the web/os suggestion because my tv runs webos2.0. Still... There is no sound only when I play Netflix with the built in app in my tv. I am So disappointed. Anything that could solve this ?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Soundtouch 130 with LG UB9800

Hi Titounais,

Here are some additional steps to try in this setup:

1. Make sure that HDMI CEC control is enabled on your SoundTouch 130.
  2. Make sure that ARC and SIMPLINK settings are both enabled on the TV
  3. Check for audio out settings within Netflix and any other TV apps you use. Not all apps default to, or are capable of, HDMI ARC output. Sometimes apps will use the TV's optical output instead.
  4. If no settings are available for the app. Try connecting an optical cable between TV and the SoundTouch 130 (you will also need to shift the system's Optical input setting back to TV)

Thank you 
Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 14, 2015

That problem is fixed. However when I use my Playstation 4, the Acoustimass disconnect itself for about 10 to 40 seconds. Sometime it happens every 3 or 5 minutes, and some other times it can occur once in a while at every 10 to 20 minutes. I only get this problem with the Playstation 4. The XBox one is fine, every other input are no problem. What could be the problem ? Thank you
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

If the issue is completely isolated to the PS4, We need to assume that the game console is creating some type of Wireless interference while active that disrupts communication between the Acoustimass module and the Bose console.
We have two options to try to fix this: 

1. Move the PS4 physically farther away from those two Bose components, and make sure that it is not located directly between them.
  2. Obtain the appropriate wire through Technical Support, and then connect the Accoustimass and the console together. This hard-wire connection should circumvent any interference from the PS4

For the second option, you would need to call Bose support locally. Regional support numbers for SoundTouch are listed here: (https://www.soundtouch.com/support)
Thank you.