Highlighted
miguel_cv
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

Soundtouch 20 AUX IN problems Delay in music.

Recently I bought a soundtouch 20 and everything seemed to work perfect, but when I tried to connect it to my current sound system playing music from my PC and connecting the soundtouch using AUX IN, it worked terribly, because the soundtouch played the music with a delay, so the audio in the old sound system plays first and after a second in the ST20. Is this normal? How can I solve it?

4 REPLIES 4
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Soundtouch 20 AUX IN problems Delay in music.

Hi miguel_cv,

The SoundTouch 20 has a native delay while using the AUX port. Any device connected to the AUX port will have a slight delay. If you purchased the SoundTouch 20 III, you can try to work around this by connecting to the system via Bluetooth if your computer supports this, if it does not there are various A2DP Bluetooth adapters on the market which can be plugged into the computer.

Regards,

-Michael

miguel_cv
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

Thanks for the respounse but this doesn´t solve anything, i know that i can connect the pc using bluetooth but i can´t integrate my actual sound system with my soundtouch 20 connecting both devices with bluetooth, that´s why i connect the Soundtouch 20 to an aux output on my actual soundsystem if i want to hear both. This delay is something that shouldn't be there and bose should fix it.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi miguel_cv,

Thanks for the reply.  I will make sure that engineering sees this and gets your suggesting of removing the delay.

Best Regards,

Brandon

patrickhaas
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2017

Hi,

I have the same problem. The delay is about 10 secondes. It was not like this  when I bought it 2 years ago. Now I can't use my Bose anymore. I tried to reinstall everything on my PC, also everything is updated. What can I do?

It is amzing the quantity of updates Bose do. This is not a Window PC. Please stop producing updates all the time.

Patrick