sgolux
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Soundtouch 20 buzzing when simple guitar is played

Hello.  My SoundTouch 20 unit seems to be experiencing somthing odd.  Most music it plays fine, but when I am playing classical or jazz or flamenco guitar, for example Paco De Lucia "Azzura", it emits buzzes in the spaces between the guitar riffs where you would want silence.  I also have a SoundTouch portable, which does not do this on the same tracks.  I have moved the unit, unplugged it and replugged it, even lifted it in my hands while it playing to ensure there is nothing causing this.  Other "denser" music doesn't seem to cause this problem, it is only "spare" guitar music that seems to leave the unit buzzing in quiet bits.  But of course that is exactly where you don't want it to buzz.  And, as I said, the SoundTouch portable does not seem to exhibit this behavior.  I tried playing the same track ("Azzura") over Deezer and over Pandora, and again, both cause the problem on the SoundTouch 20, but not on the SoundTouch Portable.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 20 buzzing when simple guitar is played

Thanks for reaching out sgolux,

Have you tried performing a product reset? To perform a product reset, turn the system off. On the system, push and hold the AUX button for 15 seconds.

Let us know

Tony

sgolux
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Sadly this product reset doesn't seem to help.  It really seems as if the buzz is something that is responding to some resonant frequency or frequencies being played.  Any further ideas?  Is it possible that something is loose in the physical speaker housing?

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi sgolux,

Thank you for trying the product reset. Are you using WIFI? Can you try resetting your router?

Let us know

Tony

sgolux
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Hi Tony.

I am using it over WIFI.  I am unaware of a bluetooth option, or how I would use it.  It would be cool if I could use Bluetooth, but I've never known it to be part of the offering.  How do I do that?

I suppose I would be able to plug a Bluetooth receiver into the aux port (I do have one) and try to play the tracks over AUX... is that what you mean?

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Sgolux,

Based on the troubleshooting you have already done on this issue we would recommend contacting your local Bose support  by going HERE.

Thanks

Tony