Jacklest
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 14, 2016

Soundtouch 20 iii doesn't turn off

Hello everybody. I have a question. I have a problem with my new Soundtouch 20 iii. I use it without the wifi, so i connect my ipod with it... so i disable the wifi with the combo 3 + vol-. When i press the power botton, the display turns off. After 2 or 3 hours, when i press the power botton to use the device, the speaker doesn't turn on immediately, so i must press 2 times the power botton to turn it on again. It happens every day, and when the speaker turns on, the wifi is always activated. Is, this thing, normal?
Is it possible to disable the wifi and turn off the device, avoiding this problem that happen to me?
Is it possible to use the device without the wifi? 
Thank you so much for the attention.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.

Re: Soundtouch 20 iii doesn't turn off

Hi Jacklest,
This speaker is designed to have the Wi-Fi enabled and connected at all times. Normal behavior with a quick start-up (From the buttons or the App) involves the speaker waking up from its normal network-standby mode.
If you disable Wi-fi entirely and then turn the system off, it will power down completely and take 30 seconds to a minute to reboot when you power it back up. The delay in turning the system on is normal if the system has been entirely shut down. After a reboot of this type, the Wi-Fi will always come back on and try to connect by default. (This is also normal.)
These SoundTouch products are intended as connected home devices. While they can technically be used as an old-fashioned powered speaker via the AUX input, you may definitely run into some frustrations when doing so.
Thank you for your question. 
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Jacklest,
This speaker is designed to have the Wi-Fi enabled and connected at all times. Normal behavior with a quick start-up (From the buttons or the App) involves the speaker waking up from its normal network-standby mode.
If you disable Wi-fi entirely and then turn the system off, it will power down completely and take 30 seconds to a minute to reboot when you power it back up. The delay in turning the system on is normal if the system has been entirely shut down. After a reboot of this type, the Wi-Fi will always come back on and try to connect by default. (This is also normal.)
These SoundTouch products are intended as connected home devices. While they can technically be used as an old-fashioned powered speaker via the AUX input, you may definitely run into some frustrations when doing so.
Thank you for your question. 
Jacklest
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 14, 2016

Thank you so much George for the answer. I need to switch off the wifi because every night i switch off my modem wifi. Maybe next updtes could solve this problem.