longly89
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2018

Soundtouch 20 keep turning off

Hello!
I bought a soundtouch 20 speakers over a year ago and connected to my wifi network. When it was still under warrantied, the speaker worked just fine but after that, there was some trouble. The network is just fine and every product I connect to it is just fine, but the speaker always disconnects from wifi after I put the STOP button and turn up after a few second. After that, it is unable to reconnect to the network again and there is even no power on the speaker. The thing is I have to unplug it for couple hours (a oven a day or 2) and replug it in order to turn the speaker on again. It is quite strange, that i have to unplug a new product every now and then in order for it to work properly.
Another point worth mentioning is that they are not simultaneously disconnecting.
How to solve this problem?

1 REPLY 1
Billy
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2015

Re: Soundtouch 20 keep turning off

Hi Longly89,

I had the same issue in the past. My soundtouch speakers did disconnect from network on a regular basis, but not at the same time.

I've got the feeling that the speakers are very sensible for interferance.

I've checked the Wifi channels of my own router and the wifi networks of my neighbourgs. I found out that there were a few wifi networks on the same channel. After changing my wifi channel the issue was resolved.

I hope this is helpfull for you.