Highlighted
Gusmer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2018

Soundtouch 20 not working properly with google home mini

Hi. I'm having an issue with my Soundtouch 20 when trying to play music from my google home mini via bluetooth. It connects just fine, but when I ask google to play something, the music either lags or interrupts intermitently, and when it restarts, it plays the song quicker, as if it were trying to catch up. After it does, it lags again or just pauses (as if it were buffering...)

At first, I thought this might be a distance issue, but then I placed the google home mini right next to the speaker, and still the same result.

Also, no other bluetooth devices are connected or paired with the speaker.

I already checked to see if this was an issue with google home mini, but it plays the music perfectly on its own speaker and on the tv. I also connected my phone via Bluetooth to the speaker later, to see whether this was a general bluetooth connectivity problem. The music from my phone streamed perfectly on the soundtouch.

Please help, as the main reason I bought the Bose Soundtouch was to play the music with google home.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: Soundtouch 20 not working properly with google home mini

Hi Gusmer

Thanks for posting in the community!  This is certainly a strange issue, but I'd be glad to help.  I do have a few questions to help try and clarify where the issue is:

• Have you been able to pair a different speaker/headset to the Google Home Mini, and does it work fine?
  • Has a reset been done on speaker/Google Home Mini?
  • What content are you trying to stream to the speaker?
  • Does it happen all the time?

I was able to research the Google Home Mini and it appears all the correct Bluetooth profiles are being utilized here.

Can you also provide what current software is on the Google Home Mini as well?

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Sameersharma.20
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2018

I have just purchased soundtouch 20 to be used with google home and I am facing exactly the same problems. Pls. Help as I bought soundtouch 20 to be used with google home.
mss
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 25, 2018

Same exact issues with Soundtouch 10 bluetooth from a Google Home Mini.  Other bluetooth speakers do not have this issue.

Sameersharma.20
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2018

I did detailed troubleshooting with google home customer care and they have now advised that my google home and bose soundtouch 20 are perfectly fine. There is an issue with google home bluetooth software and Google is working on sending a software update to resolve same. So let's sit back and wait for the required update from Google.