Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Soundtouch 20 power problem

Please can anyone advise me on this

I have a series 2 soundtouch 20 only a few years old. it had developed a fault where it has no power at all - tried different power leads / sockets etc. Absolutely zero -repai display screen doen't react when plugged in.

I have taken it to the authorised bose dealer for repair and they have said the problem is the wifi board! The power board is fine apparently and therefore their diagnosis is that the problem can only be the wifi board. Does this sound right? Bose can you advise? The agent also told me that the damage to the wifi board is due to a weak wifi signal!!

Cost of repair as quoted - USD 235.

I am really reluctant to spend this amount when it doesn;t sound right to me that there is no power because of a wifi board problem.

Appreciate anyone's help on this

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 20 power problem

I am having the same problem. If I unplug the power supply for a a day or two it works for about a day after I plug it back in. My wi-fi router is 10 ft away so it isn't caused by weak signal. Seems like something that should be covered under warranty. I didn't even pay as much as you where quoted to fix wi-fi board.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Thanks but its out of warrnty now (1 year right?)

Please can Bose advise me - I am a bit suspicious of the diagnosis and solution being proposed 

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Thanks but its out of warranty now (1 year right?)

Please can Bose advise me - I am a bit suspicious of the diagnosis and solution being proposed 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about that. For something like that, I would definitely contact your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your county, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Tony-Bose Support