Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2017

Soundtouch 20's bluetooth capabilities without wifi

Hi guys! Im really interested in buying a Bose ST20, but i have some limitations in my environment. Im currently living in a college dorm setting and the wifi here has to be connected via a splash page with a username and password, and with that being quite different from a regular wifi connection, i believe that the ST20 would probably not be able to connect to the internet in such a way. However, i wish to stream spotify or audio from my laptop/mobile using the bluetooth capabilities and i was wondering if thats possible with the ST20? I have seen a few posts with varying stands of this being possible and impossible. So, i would appreciate it if i could get some advice in this department before heading down and grabbing my very own ST20!

Also slightly worried about the initial setup of the bose system since i heard it uses wifi at the start, but i might be able to tether a internet connection from my mobile if its just a 1 time thing! 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 20's bluetooth capabilities without wifi

Hoping to get some help still!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 20's bluetooth capabilities without wifi

Hi hellothere,

Thanks for the question.  You can use the system without a Wi-Fi connection and use only Bluetooth, but the SoundTouch line of products really work best with a constant internet connection.  If you're just looking to use Bluetooth, you might want to instead look at our Bluetooth only speakers, like the SoundLink Revolve, Mini, or Color.

If you have any further questions please let me know!

Best,

Brandon