Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Soundtouch 20 wifi problem

Hi all,

my soundtouch 20 worked perfectly for the last year, but since the last software update (the sw version is now 17.0.8) it keeps on disconnecting from the network (connection is wi-fi). It seems that it changes IP address. After about 30 minutes it stops working and the wifi icon is blinking. In this situation if i go in my router (fastweb) i see the bose device with an address (let's say 192.168.1.66). Then i remove the device from the home network and immediately the wifi icon stops blinking and everything restarts working. Then if i check in my home network devices, i see again the bose and now its IP address has increased by 1, so it is 192.168.1.67. Within 30 minutes again the soundtouch stops working and i have to remove it again from the devices list of the network, then it will restart working on address 68...and so on forever. Do you have any suggestion to fix this? Is it possible to reinstall the previous software version?

Best regards,

Fabrizio Guglielmo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 20 wifi problem

Author Accepted Answer selected by FabGug

Hi FabGug, 

The update for this should be live now. Please let us know if you continue to have issues after updating. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi FabGug, 

Thank you for your inquiry. This issue you are describing sounds consistent with a known DHCP bug that is affecting some users. Our engineering team is actively working on a fix for this. I'd recommend following this thread and trying the troubleshooting steps I've listed there. Also, we don't currently provide a way to roll-back to previous SoundTouch software versions, as this can cause further compatibility issues within your own SoundTouch ecosystem. 

We hope this helps!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

Actually I've figured out a workaround for the DHCP issue after the last firmware upgrade: configure the Soundtouch device with a static address in your router configuration. (can be found un the DHCP configuration section of your router).

Before I had outages every 15 to 30 minutes and now it's running like a charm!

Can you try this?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Hi Brian,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately in my router i can do very few actions (i think i don't have the root password). I cannot set a device to have a fixed IP address but only i can do is to disable completely the DHCP server. I tried to do that, but in this case the soundtouch disconnects immediately and when i try to reconfigure it the procedure doesn't work and i cannot see it in my network anymore. I hope that a software fix for this issue can be released soon.

Best regards,

Fabrizio Guglielmo

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Hi Pasqua68,

thanks for your suggestion but as i told to Brian i cannot set a single device of the home network with a static address. I can disable completely the DHCP server and i tried it but that didn't fix the problem.

Best regards,

Fabrizio

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi FabGuy, 

Thank you for responding. I'm sorry to hear that. Curiously, what is the make and model of your router? Was it provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or did you purchase it from a third party company (like Netgear, Linksys, Asus, Belkin, etc). Please let us know. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Hi Brent,

my router is the Technicolor TG788vn v2, and it has been provided by my ISP (Fastweb). I think that it could be controlled much more deeply, but probably i don't have the root password.

Best regards,

Fabrizio

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi FabGug, 

Thank you for responding. I have escalated this up to our engineering team as they are currently investigating a fix for this. If we hear of anything new, we'll update the thread. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by FabGug

Hi FabGug, 

The update for this should be live now. Please let us know if you continue to have issues after updating. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Hi Brent,

after the update the issue seems to be solved. Good job.

Thank you and best regards,

Fabrizio