Soundtouch20 user
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2016

Soundtouch 20 wifi streaming stops

Hi,
I'm enjoying my new Soundtouch 20 but am getting frustrated.  When I am streaming from Pandora or any internet radio station via wifi, after an hour or more the audio stops and the spinning wheel indicator is on as if it is trying to reacquire the station.  If I change stations with the preset button it doesn't respond.  The wifi indicator stays white and the station/last song data remains displayed.  The cure for this is to unplug the unit and "reboot" it.  Then everything is fine.  I upgraded to the latest software but the problem continues.  Has anyone else experience this issue?
4 REPLIES 4
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Soundtouch 20 wifi streaming stops

This is an unusual symptom, but the fact that it happens with regular time intervals suggests that this may be related to channel adjustments on your home router. We would suggest logging in to your router's control interface and selecting a fixed channel number. This means setting the "Channel" option to a number value instead of the default "Auto" setting which causes it to switch occasionally. We usually suggest either channel 1 or 11 for this.
If the same issue persists, try temporarily disabling any secondary Wi-Fi hardware that might be running in the house. These would be any devices meant to increase the range of Wi-fi in your home:  extenders, repeaters, Access points, Airport Express, etc.
Let us know if you continue having trouble. If you need to write back, please let us know what RSSI value your SoundTouch 20 reports in the app. You can find the steps to check that here
Thank you. 
asiayeah
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2016

You may try try press hold 3 and V- to turn off and on your Soundtouch wifi instead of rebooting it. If it helps, it sounds like there is something wrong with the SoundTouch itself that need improvements. 
Serban
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

Hi, I have exactly the same problems with my SoundTouch 20 only after I did my last software update.
I used it before and never had any issues, Wifi Solud white and does not respond even if I change the program or source
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Serban,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having.  When does this happen?  What sources are you listening to?

Thanks,

Brandon